Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Australian UFO group quizzed over tax funds

Posted on Friday, 19 May, 2017 | Comment icon 5 comments

The Australian government has been rather generous with its grants lately. Image Credit: sxc.hu
An investigation has been launched after it emerged that the group had received almost $6,000 in grants.
Tuggerah Lakes UFO Group, which has around 1,000 followers on Facebook, states that it aims to "share information on UFO and related topics, support and encourage likeminded people and encourage UFO Disclosure."

Based in the Central Coast region, a popular hotspot for UFO sightings, the group was originally awarded the funds to support the transporting of volunteers with disabilities.

Australia's social services minister Christian Porter has since called for the funding to be reviewed.

"I'm sure they're very nice people and there are lots of volunteers who are getting something out of it, but looking at it from my perspective, representing taxpayers, it didn't seem to pass a common sense test," he said.

"I asked the department to hold the transmission of funds until they could give me a little more detail around what the group does."

When asked about the number of UFO sightings in the Central Coast region, Porter replied "You tend to find a lot of sightings when you are funding UFO-sighting groups, I tend to think."

"But we will see what they are about."

Source: Telegraph | Comments (5)

Tags: UFO, Australia

Comment icon #1 Posted by curiouse on 19 May, 2017, 11:51
I'm a proud Australian. But this proves once again who's governing us......Morons!
Comment icon #2 Posted by The Russian Hare on 19 May, 2017, 14:34
Unethical Financial Opportunism
Comment icon #3 Posted by Calibeliever on 19 May, 2017, 15:20
Perhaps they were transporting volunteers with disabilities to watch for UFOs?
Comment icon #4 Posted by paperdyer on 19 May, 2017, 16:06
Don't blame the UFO group. Get the guy that approved the grant to pay it back then fire his ass,
Comment icon #5 Posted by Alaric on 19 May, 2017, 21:19
Let me guess, their documentation was blurry and unsupported and the expense vouchers they submitted were out of this world? Bada bing...

3,500-year-old lunch box found in Swiss Alps
7-26-2017
An extraordinarily well-preserved lunch box has been discovered on Switzerland's Lotschberg mountain.
1962 'thing in the woods' was CIA spy camera
7-26-2017
A mystery spanning over 55 years has finally been solved thanks to newly released CIA documents.
Giant black swan once roamed New Zealand
7-26-2017
Scientists have found evidence of a huge, hulking semi-flightless swan that went extinct 500 years ago.
Time is key to happiness, new study claims
7-25-2017
According to researchers, stressing out over a lack of time is a leading cause of anxiety and depression.
Augmented reality
Posted 7-26-2017 | 1 comment
A look at a new technology that superimposes computer-generated images over the real world.

Redefining the kilogram
Posted 7-24-2017 | 0 comments

Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI