Tuesday, November 24, 2020
  Occult

Man in Sri Lanka dies during failed exorcism

Posted on Wednesday, 11 September, 2013 | Comment icon 23 comments

Castro voluntarily had himself buried in the ground. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Tommy Sea
Exorcist Maxi Castro ended up burying himself alive while trying to purge demons from a teacher's house.
The strange series of events began when Castro was called in to remove demons from the house of school teacher Wasantha Bandara in the village of Pelanwatte. "I saw him perform a ritual like this at a temple six months ago and invited him to check my property," she said.

The peculiar ritual involved Castro requesting that he be buried in the ground in a shallow grave with a sword that he would push up from underneath to indicate that he was ready to be dug up.
Helpful onlookers followed his instructions to the letter, but after three hours there was no sign of any movement and it was decided that he should be dug up anyway. He was found unconscious and upon being taken to hospital was declared dead.

Police in the region and currently investigating the incident.

Source: New Strait Times | Comments (23)

Tags: Exorcism, Sri Lanka

Comment icon #14 Posted by Ryu on 11 September, 2013, 23:43
The man sacrificed a cat ...Poor kitty *sniffs
Comment icon #15 Posted by Mabon on 12 September, 2013, 0:20
I know... I feel sorriest for the cat. Mabon.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Sundew on 12 September, 2013, 12:39
...Poor kitty *sniffs Reminds me of the Monty Python skit: First old lady, "Harriet you're late!" Second old lady, "Sorry deary, I had to bury the cat." First old lady, "That was four hours ago! Four hours to bury a cat?" Second old lady, "Wouldn't hold still."
Comment icon #17 Posted by Rlyeh on 12 September, 2013, 14:37
The good news is he's no longer possessed.
Comment icon #18 Posted by Rlyeh on 12 September, 2013, 14:42
I've yet to do/see an exorcism that involves being buried alive. I would assume the spirit he was trying to exorcise killed him, because if he was low on oxygen, he would have pushed the sword up so they would unbury him. I think that whatever demons they have are quite hostile... /facepalmI'd assume pushing a sword through the ground while buried would be difficult, more so if you're low on oxygen.
Comment icon #19 Posted by Ryu on 12 September, 2013, 23:19
Reminds me of the Monty Python skit: First old lady, "Harriet you're late!" Second old lady, "Sorry deary, I had to bury the cat." First old lady, "That was four hours ago! Four hours to bury a cat?" Second old lady, "Wouldn't hold still." ..................... Sorry..I guess I just fail to find that "funny". Sadly there are plenty of people who really would do this to animals and children. P.S: I mean no offenses to you..I'm just sensitive that way.
Comment icon #20 Posted by kobolds on 9 October, 2013, 0:26
Just think, they buried him, then he died, then they dug him up, then buried him again. and report to police that this is an exorcism ritual. the strange part 1. “Even after three hours, there was no sign of the sword coming up from the grave,” a local police official told AFP. - why wait for 3 hours ? 2. “That is when the onlookers decided to pull him out anyway, but he was unconscious,” the unnamed official said. - is he really unconscious ? or dead .
Comment icon #21 Posted by zebra99 on 9 October, 2013, 6:57
I'm sure the UK will find a few million quid in overseas aid to educate the local population.
Comment icon #22 Posted by SkepticalB on 9 October, 2013, 7:28
well, someone should
Comment icon #23 Posted by libstaK on 9 October, 2013, 11:56
You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

Trump may inadvertently veto UFO task force
11-24-2020
The US President is threatening to veto a defense bill that includes funding for the Pentagon's UFO task force.
Mystery '2001' monolith found in Utah desert
11-24-2020
A real-life version of the monolith from '2001: A Space Odyssey' has shown up in the middle of nowhere.
US Air Force base is guarded by robotic dogs
11-23-2020
Tyndall Air Force Base in Florida is replacing human guard patrols with a new type of four-legged robot.
Medieval soldier found in Lithuanian lake
11-23-2020
Scientists have uncovered the remarkably well-preserved remains of a medieval man with an iron sword.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball