Thursday, August 18, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > The UFO Phenomenon > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

The UFO Phenomenon

UFO filmed by airline passenger over Iran

November 8, 2014 | Comment icon 28 comments

The plane was flying over Iran when the sighting occured. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 merlion86
The object, which appears from the right-hand side of the frame and moves towards the left, has the appearance of a white disc that travels in a straight line at a relatively low altitude.

The footage has been met with significant skepticism since appearing online and while some users maintain that it could be evidence of a new type of aircraft the consensus right now is that the object is either a small plane or a computer-generated fake.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (28)

Comment icon #19 Posted by coolguy 8 years ago
Cool video its a UFO for sure
Comment icon #20 Posted by kartikg 8 years ago
The guy could have asked other passengers to record the video.
Comment icon #21 Posted by Karasu 8 years ago
Kind of looks like nothing to me. Just a blur that could be anything.
Comment icon #22 Posted by ChrLzs 8 years ago
First up, this dates back to 2012 at least!! Second, there are several clues to this being CG, ie computer graphics, also known as HOAXing. Yes, "UFO filmed by airline passenger" is an OLD, debunked hoax and a fake. Go here and scroll down to hoaxkiller's excellent explanation - he covers the two main giveaways, and the one where the camera pans down is especially obvious and indicates this was done by a very inexperienced amateur. Still, enough to fool some... And before people whine and whinge about evil hoaxers, it should raise an immediate red flag when there are no decent technical detail... [More]
Comment icon #23 Posted by DemonicCupcake 8 years ago
Comment icon #24 Posted by seeder 8 years ago
If you are bored on a plane, and had a camera, you could create something like this easily just by making sure the foreground is out of focus, and taking a balled up straw rapper on fishing line, or on a long piece of hair, and slowly descending it past the lens. Not saying it isn't something, but it is very easy to fake, even without any editing. Bug splats have been discussed here even, tho thankfully the member who promoted them has left
Comment icon #25 Posted by DieChecker 8 years ago
I was going to ask which direction (left or right) was forward, since it appeared to me that the object was generally stationary and the plane was passing above and to the side of it. I thought maybe some idiot parachutist. I think though that I'll have to agree with ChaLzs and his technical explanation.
Comment icon #26 Posted by SolarPlexus 8 years ago
Oh please When someone mentioned plastic bags, that same scene appeared in my mind good movie and good soundrack. I believe the song is Jon Hopkins - Apparition ?
Comment icon #27 Posted by DieChecker 8 years ago
One time when I was driving south down I-5 near Salem Oregon, I saw a white plastic bag flying over the road at an altitude of about 200 feet. If there is wind, they can really start to get up there into the sky. We were going to visit relatives and so I was trying to grab my camera. And my wife was like, "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING!!!" Which put an end to that picture real quick.
Comment icon #28 Posted by ysabel81 8 years ago
A passenger on an airliner flying over Iranian airspace managed to capture footage of a strange object. Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/274601/ufo-filmed-by-airline-passenger-over-iran looks like a flying mentos for me hihihihi

Total Posts: 7,314,941    Topics: 300,978    Members: 198,025