Sunday, April 22, 2018

US Navy pilots encounter UFO in new footage

Posted on Thursday, 15 March, 2018 | Comment icon 112 comments

What is this object and where did it come from ? Image Credit: US Department of Defense
A recently declassified video shows a US Navy jet tracking a fast-moving object along the East Coast.
The footage, which was recorded by the pilots of a Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet fighter jet in 2015, shows a strange white object moving at considerable speed above the surface of the water.

"What... is that thing?" one of the pilots can be heard saying. "Oh my gosh, dude! Look at that flying!"

The object was picked up using the plane's infrared camera from a height of around 25,000 feet. So far however, the Department of Defense has declined to comment on the encounter.

The release of the recording follows the recent news that the US government had been investigating pilot UFO sightings and other credible reports as part of a top secret program that ended in 2012.

It also follows the release of another, similar recording made by a US Navy pilot back in 2004.

Source: USA Today | Comments (112)

Tags: UFO, US Navy

Comment icon #103 Posted by L.A.T.1961 on 3 April, 2018, 16:29
Regarding the zoom factor the original video does look as though it was shot a 1x zoom. But I suspect it is referencing the digital zoom setting, not optical. Top left of original video shows symbol NAR and below it Z 1.0, I think this indicates that the optical focal length is set to Narrow with digital zoom off. A narrow field of view would indicate an optical zoom/ longer focal length is in use, as opposed to wide field. As we have no idea what size the object is or pixel size used for the camera working out a focal length is not possible just using the video. This video shows a similar sys... [More]
Comment icon #104 Posted by stereologist on 3 April, 2018, 18:04
Do people know what is being shown in the video? What do people think is the zoom factor?
Comment icon #105 Posted by stereologist on 4 April, 2018, 18:03
Are people looking for the zoom factor information and trying to figure out why the zoom factor is not what they think it is?
Comment icon #106 Posted by Merc14 on 4 April, 2018, 23:04
I have no idea what the magnification is on that system but the TCS used a magnified view by default and I assume ATFLIR  is the same or else why use the damn thing if it is simply the same as what your eye sees?   The whole reason is to see at range what you can't see and/or identify visually
Comment icon #107 Posted by stereologist on 4 April, 2018, 23:50
I might as well spill the beans. A typical process it seems is to people to make guesses and even after being informed that the guesses are bad they continue on that line of thinking. I would hope that people would actually ask why people think that they are wrong and then move into learning mode. So here is the scoop. At the top of the screen is NAR. Below that is Z 1.0. The NAR stands for narrow. This means that the view is a 1.5 degree view of the scene. The Z 1.0 is I believe a digital view on top of the optical view. So how do I know this? I looked it up. Here is a link explaining the dis... [More]
Comment icon #108 Posted by stereologist on 4 April, 2018, 23:56
This is to Fila and others that need to learn and not make guesses. The problem is that there was the assumption that the zoom was 1x. It is not really the value that needs to be understood. I've known from the start of this thread about the settings. They were discussed in the other videos. It just seems to me that there is an obstinate desire to push forward with a bad idea. It avoids learning. I don't know about other people but I need to learn every day just to keep my head above water.
Comment icon #109 Posted by Dejarma on 5 April, 2018, 22:19
I've no idea why folk are getting into the technical side of the footage...the Basics need to be discussed first, like: if the footage in question is of something the authorities do not want us to see because it's REAL footage of something truly weird & wonderful- then why are we seeing it? It looks to me that all we're seeing here is the guys testing the system & commenting on how well it locks onto something== whatever it is seems irrelevant to me & to them by the sound of it! Someone has obtained this test footage/ uploaded it with a header that has the words 'mysterious' & ... [More]
Comment icon #110 Posted by Dejarma on 5 April, 2018, 22:25
---deleted
Comment icon #111 Posted by ChrLzs on 6 April, 2018, 5:18
Indeed.  Later on, when more of the truth dribbles out, I am virtually certain you will discover that you are pretty much on the money..  A few things need to be repeated about this and the other similar footage: - one of the videos dates back to 2004, the other to 2015 I believe, and NEITHER of them directly relate to the story by Fravor (a known UFO-pusher who has been paid for his story, by To The Stars.  Fravor's deion of various alleged maneuvers of a craft do not match either video in any way. - NOTHING in either video shows anything of note, unless you are fascinated by how birds, weath... [More]
Comment icon #112 Posted by Merc14 on 6 April, 2018, 12:58
Good read.  The whole thing was fishy from the start and I always thought that "pilot interview" didn't match up with the video it was attached to.

Work on lunar space station to begin in 2019
4-21-2018
NASA has revealed that its ambitious Lunar Orbital Platform-Gateway will launch as early as 2022.
Cows could end up as world's largest mammals
4-21-2018
Scientists have warned that cows could eventually become the largest remaining mammals on Earth.
New species of 'exploding ant' discovered
4-20-2018
Capable of taking drastic action to protect their colonies, these ants have a rather unusual defense mechanism.
Missing Nazi submarine mystery finally solved
4-20-2018
The wreckage of one of Germany's most advanced U-boats has been discovered off the coast of Denmark.
Revealing the secrets of the deep ocean
Posted 4-19-2018 | 0 comments
Scientist Mandy Joye has dedicated her life to exploring the depths of the world's oceans.

Giant 3D-printed man
Posted 4-15-2018 | 2 comments
British YouTuber James Bruton has created a giant 3D-printed sculpture of himself.

The world's roundest object
Posted 4-12-2018 | 2 comments
A look at how the roundest object can help us to define the humble kilogram.

Do fish talk to each other ?
Posted 4-10-2018 | 11 comments
Fish might seem silent, but in actual fact they make a wide range of different sounds.

The great Jaffa Cake debate
Posted 4-8-2018 | 4 comments
Revisiting the age-old question - is the humble Jaffa Cake a cake or a biscuit ?

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA