Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Bizarre

Giant yellow inflatable duck goes missing

March 18, 2018 | Comment icon 8 comments

The giant duck has gone AWOL. Image Credit: Facebook / Cockburn Masters Swimming Club
A swimming club in Australia has appealed for ships to keep a look out for its recently escaped mascot.
The huge duck, which has been nicknamed 'Daphne' by the group, was being set up for an event on the west coast of Australia when a strong gust of wind whisked it away.

"I probably overestimated my ability and underestimated Daphne's hunger for freedom and she just bolted," said Peter Marr, President of the Cockburn Masters Swimming Club.

"After 50 meters she was just gone baby, gone. I couldn't keep up."
So far, sightings by fishing vessels have indicated that the $900 duck has traveled over 400km.

The club is now offering a reward to anyone who can help to ensure its safe return.

Source: Decann Chronicle | Comments (8)

Comment icon #1 Posted by Lilly 4 years ago
Uh...how exactly does one *hide* something that size?
Comment icon #2 Posted by freetoroam 4 years ago
Deflate it.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Crystal Rose 4 years ago
XD can you imagine an alien looking down and being what in the hell is that?
Comment icon #4 Posted by Still Waters 4 years ago
They've found it.
Comment icon #5 Posted by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR: 4 years ago
You read my mind.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Noxasa 4 years ago
Rubber Duckie, you're the one You make bath time lots of fun! Rubber Duckie, I'm awfully fond of you! Bo bo bo de oh!Oh, every day when I Make my way to the tubby I find a little fellow who's Cute and yellow and chubby Rub-a-dub-dubby! Rubber Duckie, you're so fine And I'm lucky that you're mine Rubber duckie, I'm awfully fond of you.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Silent Trinity 4 years ago
Given the size and vast expanse of the ocean it would be relatively easy to lose something like this out at sea if it has blown away I would imagine. I can't help but imagine a drunk sailor looking over the side of the ship and seeing it thinking "the world we know is a lie....wow man we are all living in a giant bath tub!!!!"
Comment icon #8 Posted by aearluin 4 years ago
I hope it goes missing for year an then someone finds it somewhere across the globe, listing and with a huge colonie of barnacles and other animals attached!   Once I witnessed the navy losing an inflatable emergency raft. After which the bloody cruiser spent over an hour manouvering in the wind to get damned thing back!

Total Posts: 7,313,880    Topics: 300,923    Members: 198,008