Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Giant yellow inflatable duck goes missing

Posted on Sunday, 18 March, 2018 | Comment icon 9 comments

The giant duck has gone AWOL. Image Credit: Facebook / Cockburn Masters Swimming Club
A swimming club in Australia has appealed for ships to keep a look out for its recently escaped mascot.
The huge duck, which has been nicknamed 'Daphne' by the group, was being set up for an event on the west coast of Australia when a strong gust of wind whisked it away.

"I probably overestimated my ability and underestimated Daphne's hunger for freedom and she just bolted," said Peter Marr, President of the Cockburn Masters Swimming Club.

"After 50 meters she was just gone baby, gone. I couldn't keep up."

So far, sightings by fishing vessels have indicated that the $900 duck has traveled over 400km.

The club is now offering a reward to anyone who can help to ensure its safe return.

Source: Decann Chronicle | Comments (9)

Tags: Duck

Comment icon #1 Posted by seanjo on 18 March, 2018, 19:00
That's quackers...
Comment icon #2 Posted by Lilly on 18 March, 2018, 21:39
Uh...how exactly does one *hide* something that size?
Comment icon #3 Posted by freetoroam on 18 March, 2018, 21:52
Deflate it.
Comment icon #4 Posted by Crystal Rose on 19 March, 2018, 1:53
XD can you imagine an alien looking down and being what in the hell is that?
Comment icon #5 Posted by Still Waters on 19 March, 2018, 12:35
They've found it.
Comment icon #6 Posted by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR: on 19 March, 2018, 13:15
You read my mind.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Noxasa on 20 March, 2018, 0:23
Rubber Duckie, you're the one You make bath time lots of fun! Rubber Duckie, I'm awfully fond of you! Bo bo bo de oh!Oh, every day when I Make my way to the tubby I find a little fellow who's Cute and yellow and chubby Rub-a-dub-dubby! Rubber Duckie, you're so fine And I'm lucky that you're mine Rubber duckie, I'm awfully fond of you.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Silent Trinity on 20 March, 2018, 8:07
Given the size and vast expanse of the ocean it would be relatively easy to lose something like this out at sea if it has blown away I would imagine. I can't help but imagine a drunk sailor looking over the side of the ship and seeing it thinking "the world we know is a lie....wow man we are all living in a giant bath tub!!!!"
Comment icon #9 Posted by aearluin on 20 March, 2018, 18:08
I hope it goes missing for year an then someone finds it somewhere across the globe, listing and with a huge colonie of barnacles and other animals attached!   Once I witnessed the navy losing an inflatable emergency raft. After which the bloody cruiser spent over an hour manouvering in the wind to get damned thing back!

Anomalies found in 'sonic attack' victims' brains
7-23-2019
Scientists have identified 'significant differences' in the brains of the diplomats 'attacked' in Cuba.
Cat filter strikes again during press conference
7-23-2019
A Canadian police press conference about a mysterious double homicide was marred by 'technical difficulties'.
Paranormal author Rosemary Ellen Guiley dies
7-23-2019
The 69-year-old, who wrote dozens of books on a wide variety of paranormal topics, has sadly passed away.
RNLI warns against 'Storm Loch Ness' event
7-22-2019
Lifeboat officials in Scotland have warned social media users not to flock to the world famous loch en masse.
House vibrates
7-20-2019 | Northern part of lower Michigan

Sudden writing on hand
7-20-2019 | England

Spontaneous exorcisms
7-5-2019 | Ontario

A call from 'The Lobster'
7-5-2019 | Russia

Witnessing tree spirits
6-25-2019 | Ontario

I didn't move my blankets
6-25-2019 | Spring, TX

Bitten by a spirit?...true story
6-15-2019 | Dallas, Tx