Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Giant yellow inflatable duck goes missing

Posted on Sunday, 18 March, 2018 | Comment icon 9 comments

The giant duck has gone AWOL. Image Credit: Facebook / Cockburn Masters Swimming Club
A swimming club in Australia has appealed for ships to keep a look out for its recently escaped mascot.
The huge duck, which has been nicknamed 'Daphne' by the group, was being set up for an event on the west coast of Australia when a strong gust of wind whisked it away.

"I probably overestimated my ability and underestimated Daphne's hunger for freedom and she just bolted," said Peter Marr, President of the Cockburn Masters Swimming Club.

"After 50 meters she was just gone baby, gone. I couldn't keep up."

So far, sightings by fishing vessels have indicated that the $900 duck has traveled over 400km.

The club is now offering a reward to anyone who can help to ensure its safe return.

Source: Decann Chronicle | Comments (9)

Tags: Duck

Comment icon #1 Posted by seanjo on 18 March, 2018, 19:00
That's quackers...
Comment icon #2 Posted by Lilly on 18 March, 2018, 21:39
Uh...how exactly does one *hide* something that size?
Comment icon #3 Posted by freetoroam on 18 March, 2018, 21:52
Deflate it.
Comment icon #4 Posted by Crystal Rose on 19 March, 2018, 1:53
XD can you imagine an alien looking down and being what in the hell is that?
Comment icon #5 Posted by Still Waters on 19 March, 2018, 12:35
They've found it.
Comment icon #6 Posted by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR: on 19 March, 2018, 13:15
You read my mind.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Noxasa on 20 March, 2018, 0:23
Rubber Duckie, you're the one You make bath time lots of fun! Rubber Duckie, I'm awfully fond of you! Bo bo bo de oh!Oh, every day when I Make my way to the tubby I find a little fellow who's Cute and yellow and chubby Rub-a-dub-dubby! Rubber Duckie, you're so fine And I'm lucky that you're mine Rubber duckie, I'm awfully fond of you.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Silent Trinity on 20 March, 2018, 8:07
Given the size and vast expanse of the ocean it would be relatively easy to lose something like this out at sea if it has blown away I would imagine. I can't help but imagine a drunk sailor looking over the side of the ship and seeing it thinking "the world we know is a lie....wow man we are all living in a giant bath tub!!!!"
Comment icon #9 Posted by aearluin on 20 March, 2018, 18:08
I hope it goes missing for year an then someone finds it somewhere across the globe, listing and with a huge colonie of barnacles and other animals attached! Once I witnessed the navy losing an inflatable emergency raft. After which the bloody cruiser spent over an hour manouvering in the wind to get damned thing back!

NASA celebrates 20th anniversary of the ISS
11-20-2018
Today marks the 20th birthday of one of mankind's greatest achievements - the International Space Station.
Camel spotted on snowy road in Pennsylvania
11-20-2018
Motorists were left perplexed when they spotted the animal on the road in the middle of a snow storm.
Horror as Chicago elevator plunges 80 floors
11-19-2018
Nightmare became reality for six passengers last week when their elevator plummeted towards the ground.
Why do wombats have cube-shaped droppings?
11-19-2018
Scientists have been unravelling what might just be one of the most perplexing mysteries of the natural world.
The unique wildlife of the Cairngorms
Posted 11-16-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the breathtaking snowy wilds of Scotland's Cairngorm Mountains.

The last reef of the Galapagos
Posted 11-12-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the enigmatic world that lies beneath the ocean off the Galapagos Islands.

Morse code
Posted 11-7-2018 | 4 comments
Michael takes a look at an obsolete messaging system that uses dots and dashes.

My name is whispered

Orange, hovering, atom-like figure
10-25-2018 | West kelowna

I saw a strange man
10-25-2018 | Croatia

Spontaneous exorcisms
10-25-2018 | Canada

Two children who didn't age
10-24-2018 | United States New York