Thursday, August 18, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > The UFO Phenomenon > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

The UFO Phenomenon

Eerie lights spotted over North Carolina coast

December 9, 2018 | Comment icon 37 comments

Could these lights be flares, or something else ? Image Credit: YouTube / crlarkin
An Outer Banks fisherman recently captured footage of some mysterious lights hovering over the ocean.
The unnamed man, who had been fishing after dark off the beach at Cape Lookout on November 13th, grabbed his camera and started filming after a bright orange light suddenly appeared in the sky.

"Around 9 p.m., I rebaited my hooks, cast them out into the surf and walked back to my chair," he wrote. "When I turned back to the ocean, I saw a light in the sky."
"The light is very bright, stationary and silent. Over the course of the next hour it faded in and out, as well as sometimes becoming multiple lights."

The footage went on to generate some heated debate on social media with Internet users speculating over whether or not the sighting could be attributed to a vessel firing flares in to the sky.

"These lights do not appear like flares," wrote YouTube user Paul McNaney. "They both consist of two connected lights, sort of like headlights. Flares don't look like that. Also, to me, it appears as though they're not losing altitude, or moving, at all."

Source: Herald Online | Comments (37)

Comment icon #28 Posted by Skulduggery 4 years ago
They look like flares. If so, the reason for the flares would be interesting to know, even if trivial.†
Comment icon #29 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 4 years ago
If you look closely, you can see water due to the bright light. There is no boat to be seen, nor an aircraft.†
Comment icon #30 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 4 years ago
Aerial flares must last minimum of 40 seconds, per Wiki. That second pair of lights doesn't last that long.† Also, two lights shot up in complete unison? how, 2 flare guns ? And yet, with two flares (4 at one point) No boat can be seen. Pee poor flares, I'd say. No. Not flares..
Comment icon #31 Posted by Calibeliever 4 years ago
I'm pretty sure this is†an†oil derrick†flaring natural gas. That's is exactly what it looks like from shore. The second set that appears above the first is probably an illusion caused by the atmosphere. I've seen similar off the Ventura and Mexican†coasts†several times.†
Comment icon #32 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 4 years ago
Yikes!!† Well, can you see an oil derrick in the film? Note, the local fisherman said words to the effect of "here they are again". He should know whether or not there is an oil derrick there or not. Might be worth looking into , if that can be done. Oil off the coast of NC...? Hmmm.....† †Not Off Our, Coast Gov. Cooper Says And I find no links in my short search that show the existence of such drilling, just predictions that it will eventually happen. LOL, how can I debate "illusion"???† BTW, you are aware the second set existed for some short time without benefit of the first set†being prese... [More]
Comment icon #33 Posted by Skulduggery 4 years ago
I said they look like flares. I don't know that they are, though, and it is interesting.
Comment icon #34 Posted by Dejarma 4 years ago
not aliens either- though who really knows-- why would it be aliens?
Comment icon #35 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 4 years ago
† And I said this, exactly when....?† † But now that you mention it, Dejarma, I can't see†a reason to eliminate "Aliens",†at this point, can†you?
Comment icon #36 Posted by It's Just An Opinion 4 years ago
Why would a UFO need lights? It's not like they would often be landing on a runway or anything, and it's not like they would need it to see. Considering that we already have the technology to scan the ocean floors and through solid rock. There's no was they would rely on physical sight to travel through space. When you could be blinded by sunlight or face human error in judgement, all of which can be avoided by scanning things ahead of you. With all that in mind if it is a UFO I see no reason why it would need to have lights on it.
Comment icon #37 Posted by Alien Origins 4 years ago
LoL! Yeah. Thats about as stupid as setting up run way lights for these things...And besides, they cannot land on Earth because they crash when they get close to it.

Total Posts: 7,315,083    Topics: 300,995    Members: 198,029