Thursday, January 23, 2020

Woman faints after viewing 'haunted' painting

Posted on Friday, 1 March, 2019 | Comment icon 17 comments

The eerie painting lives up to its namesake. Image Credit: YouTube / Ghostsofbritain
Lyn Cinderey started to feel unwell after viewing a piece named 'Sinister' at a haunted objects exhibition.
The former ghost tour guide had been watching a presentation of haunted items at The New Inn in Gloucester, England when she had an unexpected reaction to one of the items.

"As soon as I saw the painting that they call 'Sinister' that was it," she recalled. "I felt so ill that I was sick to my stomach. I had to go and tell someone that I did not feel right. It was so strange."

"The next thing I know is that I have collapsed and I am looking up at a crowd around me."

The painting itself is shrouded in mystery.
It had originally been commissioned for use in the 2018 horror movie Finders Keepers, however the crew and director took such an intense dislike to it that they reportedly refused to use it.

Since then it has become associated with accounts of people feeling unwell when viewing it and there have even been stories of it moving from one side of a room to another when nobody is looking.

"It was interesting to see what happened that night," said Haunted Objects Museum owner Lee Steer. "I have to report what happens around the picture and add to the list of happenings."

"It was scary at the time because someone collapsed during a Facebook live broadcast."

Footage from the event itself can be viewed - here.

Source: Gloucestershire Live | Comments (17)

Tags: Haunted, Painting, Sinister

Comment icon #8 Posted by EnderOTD on 2 March, 2019, 0:26
This isn't shameless advertising at all, you'd think that, "Lyn, the former host of Ghost Tours in Gloucester who led spooky walks through the city centre", would have had a bit more fortitude in this area.
Comment icon #9 Posted by paperdyer on 2 March, 2019, 1:05
Perhaps a strong EM field and a little mental conditioning from repeated tours caused this.
Comment icon #10 Posted by esoteric_toad on 2 March, 2019, 2:45
Perhaps over active imagination and a touch of attention seeking? I am not really that cynical, honest.
Comment icon #11 Posted by NightScreams on 2 March, 2019, 2:47
If you watch the video, appears just to be coincidence. People do faint. I remember when I was young, my mom just got through the check out isle and for whatever reason didn't feel well so she sat down at a table and fainted in Kmart. She was fine just seconds afterwards, more embarrassed than anything and of course my reaction of crying didn't help and it never happened again that I was aware of. Odds are this woman probably would have fainted at a Disney movie if she were there at that point in time as well. It can be caused by many things but also simple things like standing up too quickly ... [More]
Comment icon #12 Posted by kobolds on 3 March, 2019, 16:37
object can be use to store memory and feeling. †
Comment icon #13 Posted by DragonFire22 on 11 March, 2019, 3:47
It indeed looks creepy!
Comment icon #14 Posted by the13bats on 11 March, 2019, 7:48
I guess if that painting causes fainting i better keep a disclaimer on my front door. Dammit, the fishing line for the floating candle goes behind,† NOT in front of the campy spooky sign. † This thread , It reminds me of an alleged haunted doll and the true believer investorgators of it ( fame and profits ? ) and the irony was when it became a movie ( enter fame and profits ) the director didnt use the same type doll a raggedy anne but had to cook up a far scarier looking ( to some ) doll. In this case a painting of anything might have a viewer at some point faint while looking at it.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Imaginarynumber1 on 11 March, 2019, 10:19
I like the painting†
Comment icon #16 Posted by psyche101 on 11 March, 2019, 10:39
Isn't it amazing how far people can overreact on a preconception.†
Comment icon #17 Posted by esoteric_toad on 11 March, 2019, 11:32
Someone else (sorry cannot remember who, sorry) mentioned LARP. It seems MANY in the "paranormal" field or those that believe are just really really dedicated LARPers. Makes perfect sense.

Strange black smoke ring filmed over Pakistan
1-23-2020
This giant ring, which was spotted drifting up into the sky, has been the topic of some heated debate this week.
New facility to produce oxygen from Moon dust
1-22-2020
A new technique could help make it possible for humans to live on the lunar surface in the not-too-distant future.
Elusive thief lives in grocery store ceiling
1-22-2020
Cops in Auburn have been struggling to catch a thief who lives in the rafters of the very store he keeps robbing.
Video shows 'ghost' watching man sleeping
1-22-2020
A peculiar video, which shows an eerie figure staring at a man through a window, has recently gone viral online.
Dog and Jamaican statue
1-10-2020 | Canada

Life changing experience
12-19-2019 | Australia

Unexplained smoke or fog
12-19-2019 | West Texas, USA

He came in the night
12-19-2019 | CA

My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA