Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Top 8 US states for spotting Bigfoot revealed

Posted on Sunday, 12 May, 2019 | Comment icon 98 comments

Thousands of people claim to have encountered Bigfoot. Image Credit: Roger Patterson / Bob Gimlin
The Travel Channel has released a list of the US states in which you are most likely to encounter Sasquatch.
Based on "never-before-released data" gathered by the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization (BFRO), the list provides a general ranking of Bigfoot's most common stomping grounds.

At the very top of the list is Washington State - home to several prominent sightings.
"With a whopping 2,032 sightings and counting, this is the world's most active region," the Travel Channel reported. "The most popular places to catch a glimpse include the Blue Mountains, Okanogan County - or better yet, Ape Canyon - the locale of one of the most aggressive Bigfoot encounters ever recorded."

California ranks second with 1,697 sightings, followed by Pennsylvania with 1,340.

The complete list is as follows:
  • Washington (2,032)
  • California (1,697)
  • Pennsylvania (1,340)
  • Michigan (1,131)
  • New York (1,068)
  • Ohio (1,042)
  • Oregon (1,009)
  • Texas (806)
The Travel Channel's new show - In Search of Monsters - airs Wednesdays at 9:00pm ET/PT.

Source: Sacramento Bee | Comments (98)

Tags: Bigfoot

Comment icon #89 Posted by Night Walker on 22 May, 2019, 7:02
Group sightings are rare (at least much rarer than individual reports) but these, too, are influenced/affected by something as simple as how the event was discussed amongst themselves and how they were questioned afterwards. Even how we think of things alters our memory of what actually happened. I didn't see the thread about Michigan tracks but there was a similar one from Washington. The only thing linking these tracks to Bigfoot (and/or linking the recent Himalayan tracks to Yeti) is that they have been prematurely labelled as such without any objective evidence or even a sighting - thereby... [More]
Comment icon #90 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 22 May, 2019, 14:24
True, NW. But by the same token, there are people that believe that since BF tracks *can* be faked, then any suspect BF tracks you find in situ *are* fake.  And of course just because they say so does not make that so, either. Well, there is little ambiguity when they find no known creature with such a voice print and, the closest known VPs is from the hominids. And I don't have the link for the Bhutan eDNA find, I saw the story of the expedition on Discovery, I believe. I do agree with above^^.  Visual contact is never enough - even photos don't really cut it.  DNA is needed or a body, dead o... [More]
Comment icon #91 Posted by DieChecker on 22 May, 2019, 19:13
I'm with Myles and Bats... the chance is less then 1% in my opinion. I don't mean to dismiss, but to suggest what I think is the more likely theory.  I think the phenomena, if not a actual ape, is worth investigating.
Comment icon #92 Posted by the13bats on 22 May, 2019, 19:32
i recall a documentary i saw, and as i describe what was said keep in mind there was zero to back up these claims, and i didnt go research the integrity. ill grab his name and location later so we can see if anything is on the net about it. the fellow was saying they were in traffic at night on a highway a creature matching bigfoot jumps a guard rail and is running along side cars down the highway, and stops and looks down at him, he says it was an expression of fear, he said at first he thought it was a person who got in a wreck and was now gonna get hit by a car, he also said when he called ... [More]
Comment icon #93 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 22 May, 2019, 19:43
@the13bats -  I agree that there is nothing to PROVE said claims but do some claims have evidence? Of course they do.  There are many cases where there are some outstanding footprints.  Now you can *claim* all day long that those prints are phony. the question is, can you prove it? Saying that it is proven that fake prints *CAN* be made does not prove that to be the case universally,  only that it is possible. So  If you cannot prove your claim then your claim is just as worthless as making the claim that the footprint is proof of BF.  evidence is evidence, proof is proof. Let us not get confu... [More]
Comment icon #94 Posted by the13bats on 22 May, 2019, 21:19
thanks for being very close to civil, i have no idea what the indian army tracks were, nope, i doubt they faked them but i doubt even more so they are of yeti if yeti is that countries version of what some call bigfoot in the usa, for me yeti was solved, for 100s of years monks said type of bear, then dna done on a lot of hair that was hailed " yeti" it all came back type of bear, so im good on that. and dont want to mix yeti and bigfoot. for me yeti is solved.   many hailed real couldnt possibly be hoaxed alleged bigfoot prints not by me but have been proven fakes, even krantz admitted he was... [More]
Comment icon #95 Posted by Night Walker on 23 May, 2019, 6:56
Suspected Bigfoot tracks can be biologically sampled for eDNA. That would remove ambiguity. No-one is doing that, though - go figure... The Bhutan eDNA claim was made on a TV show. No documentation. No follow-up. Sounds exciting and suspicious at the same time but that's TV for you. No clarification = ambiguous... If a "voice print" cannot be identified the source is unclear or unknown. That is ambiguous by definition but see how your mind flips that uncertainty into something tangible and more than it is. Pretty cool, huh? Besides, voice recognition technology is still in its infancy and is h... [More]
Comment icon #96 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 23 May, 2019, 11:21
I can only tell you what I saw, NW. you don't have to believe it. My mind did not flip it into whagt I wanted. Their claim was the voice print matched nothing they had and they supposedly had voice prints of every animal known. Now, they said the closest the print came to was the hominids. And if you heard the voice print you would sat it had to be a very large animal. If you choose to believe this is not BF, that's OK. Here is what you are left with: an unknow 2 legged creature that rivals BF. That is as startling as BF, so what's the diff? I am in agreement here.  Good question. I would need... [More]
Comment icon #97 Posted by Night Walker on 25 May, 2019, 0:54
With little to no information about it I have formed no opinion on the matter one way or the other. Could you explain why you consider it to be significant? Not only did your mind fill in gaps and make links that are not supported but so did "they". Link? Who are "they"? How do they/you know a creature was two-legged from a "voice print"? What is a "voice print" by the way? How is it possible to have every possible vocalisation from every known creature in their data-base? This claim is very ambiguous and the human mind is wonderful for filling in the gaps and in this instance there are many m... [More]
Comment icon #98 Posted by Scholar4Truth on 25 May, 2019, 19:06
Have any been spotted in Kansas/Missouri?

Mystery surrounds 'T-34' written on polar bear
12-9-2019
An investigation is currently underway in an effort to track down who is responsible for painting the animal.
ESA to launch space debris collector in 2025
12-9-2019
If successful, the mission will be the first ever to remove a piece of space junk from Earth's orbit.
Can dogs smell the passage of time ?
12-9-2019
Some dogs seem to have the uncanny ability to know exactly when their owner is returning home, but how ?
'Expedition Bigfoot' set to track down Sasquatch
12-8-2019
A new TV series will follow a team of Bigfoot hunters as they attempt to find evidence of the creature's existence.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia