Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Parrot's cries for help prompt police call-out

Posted on Monday, 6 January, 2020 | Comment icon 6 comments

The parrot was not arrested (file photo). Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Michael Gwyther-Jones
An ill-behaved pet parrot named Rambo recently prompted a neighbor to call the emergency services.
The troublesome bird became the subject of a police investigation earlier this month after it kept screaming "Let me out! Let me out! Ohhh! Ohhh! Ohhh!" while outside with its owner.

It wasn't long before four officers from the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office arrived on the scene.

It turned out that a neighbor had heard the parrot and was concerned that someone was in trouble.

"I was changing the brakes on my wife's car and had my 40-year-old parrot, Rambo, on his outside perch where he sings and talks," the parrot's owner stated.
"Sometime later four police officers showed up saying a neighbor called because she heard a woman screaming for help. I promptly introduced the officers to Rambo and we all had a good laugh."

"Afterward, I also introduced Rambo to the neighbor who called in the screaming. She too had a good laugh. Sometimes Rambo yells 'help, help, let me out'."

"Something I taught him when I was a kid and Rambo lived in a cage."

Footage of the incident can be viewed below.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (6)

Tags: Parrot, Police

Comment icon #1 Posted by AllPossible on 6 January, 2020, 22:43
Polly was then shot multiple times after resisting arrest. He lived & is now in a new cage downtown.
Comment icon #2 Posted by Stiff on 6 January, 2020, 23:23
Best story this week!  Best story this week!  Best story this week!
Comment icon #3 Posted by Seti42 on 7 January, 2020, 4:55
The cops wouldn't shoot it, it's not a blackbird.
Comment icon #4 Posted by AllPossible on 7 January, 2020, 7:05
He's colored though.
Comment icon #5 Posted by mdbuilder on 7 January, 2020, 15:37
They'd probably have no reason to.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Dustyrose33 on 8 January, 2020, 4:17
Parrots can make a wide range of vocalizations.   My brother had an African Grey Congo that would holler "Mel, telephone", while he was in the shower.   Thinking it was his wife's voice he'd get out of the shower to get to the phone, only to find out it was the bird and not his wife calling him to the phone.

'Dancing dragon' fossil is velociraptor relative
1-21-2020
Palaeontologists have compared the feathers of a 120 million-year-old dinosaur to those of modern birds.
Ohio town sees mystery flashes, vibrations
1-21-2020
Recently released footage shows the moment the skies over Bethel, Ohio suddenly lit up in multiple colors.
US and UK sign new treaty to protect Titanic
1-21-2020
Access to the wreck of the world-famous vessel, which sank in 1912, has long remained a point of contention.
Are UFOs piloted by humans from the future ?
1-20-2020
Is it possible that unidentified flying objects are piloted, not by aliens, but by our own future descendants ?
Dog and Jamaican statue
1-10-2020 | Canada

Life changing experience
12-19-2019 | Australia

Unexplained smoke or fog
12-19-2019 | West Texas, USA

He came in the night
12-19-2019 | CA

My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA