Friday, June 5, 2020

New Ghost Hunters: where is Grant Wilson ?

Posted on Thursday, 14 May, 2020 | Comment icon 37 comments

Has Grant taken a back seat this season ? Image Credit: YouTube / A&E
Fans of the rebooted paranormal investigation show have noticed that Grant himself has been mostly absent.
The original Ghost Hunters, which launched all the way back in 2004, followed plumbers Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson - two paranormal investigators who, alongside a team of fellow enthusiasts, spent their spare time looking for evidence of ghosts.

The show's original run ended in 2016, however last year it received a reboot - this time with Wilson at the helm. The show's second season, which is still ongoing, premiered on A&E back in April.

It didn't take fans long to notice however that something seemed to be amiss - Grant himself has been conspicuously absent from most of the episodes, showing up only in FaceTime calls while the other team members conduct most of the investigating on their own.

Many viewers have taken to social media to speculate over why this might be, with some expressing concern that Grant could be ill or that he is planning to leave the show (again).
Fortunately however everything appears to be fine - Grant has since posted a Tweet explaining that the reason for his absence is that he has wanted the team to work on some cases without him.

"Hey guys! All is well," he wrote. "I'm letting the team do a few cases in their own but I'll be back on the cases with them next week. Thank you all for the love, support, and concern."

Team member Richel Stratton has also commented on the situation.

"Grant is still our team leader," she told PopCulture.com. "He's still very much a part of Ghost Hunters, he's a team member. You will occasionally see us without him."

"That doesn't mean he's going anywhere. He's letting us develop as a team. The previous Ghost Hunters knew each other and had that relationship and he's allowing us to have that as well."

Source: Distractify.com | Comments (37)

Tags: Ghost Hunters, Grant Wilson

Comment icon #28 Posted by Manwon Lender on 26 May, 2020, 11:12
I am with you Brother being that I am Buddhist and I believe in Carma, I also believe that reincarnation occurs. This is dictated by Carma, now according to what I have learned, I don't know if souls can get stuck here during the reincarnation process. According to the belief system I am practicing, when someone dies their body must be covered up and allowed to remain where it is for a minimum  of 3 days, sometimes longer. This allows the soul to leave the body for its next life, only a Buddhist Priest can determine  if the soul has left the body. If the body is buried or cremated before this ... [More]
Comment icon #29 Posted by openozy on 26 May, 2020, 11:25
I respect your beliefs Manwon.I've started to get an apiphany of the meaning of life lately,maybe ready for the short shoe shuffle?
Comment icon #30 Posted by Manwon Lender on 26 May, 2020, 11:34
  That's not even funny my friend, there is always something positive you can find if you relax, open your mind and focus on it. We all have this ability, its not magic or super natural, it's within each of us. But many of us miss it because we don't look in the most obvious place, which is within ourselves. We all have the ability  to be the light, for another who is lost and searching. Now this and understanding it can mean all the difference in our own lives, because what we do for those in need, is returned to us many times over. So don't let things get you down, do something about your si... [More]
Comment icon #31 Posted by Manwon Lender on 26 May, 2020, 11:40
If you ever have a need and don't wish to talk publicly send me a PM. Peace My Brother
Comment icon #32 Posted by openozy on 26 May, 2020, 11:43
Cheers man,not miserable or depressed at all.I believe we need to learn something personal while we are here and then we pass over.It's all good,not going to top myself lol,just as I'm getting older just don't fear the transition at all.Thanks for your support bro.
Comment icon #33 Posted by Manwon Lender on 26 May, 2020, 11:55
I am 60 and I also have no fear of passing of going to whatever comes next, I am living on barrow time. In reality I should not even be here right now, but seer lucky allowed it. So I can really relate to what you are saying. Peace my Brother
Comment icon #34 Posted by openozy on 26 May, 2020, 12:28
57 myself,must be an wise old bloke thing
Comment icon #35 Posted by openozy on 26 May, 2020, 12:30
Or senility.
Comment icon #36 Posted by the13bats on 26 May, 2020, 18:00
Hunting ghosts, bigfoot,  aliens or even an alleged treasure buried on a island some bucks up guy buys, With or without a skeptic etc, just the players, the one absolute that all reality shows have in common, they never find a darn thing,  it started with capones empty vault, These shows are about entertainment not science not facts so the promoter makes $$$ off advertisers, bored folks tune in, only the blind true believers buy into the ruse.
Comment icon #37 Posted by Stubbly_Dooright on 28 May, 2020, 3:07
Unless you watch Ghost Brothers.....  I love those guys.

Insane landslide sweeps houses into the sea
6-5-2020
Video footage shows the moment a huge landslide caused several houses to be swept into the ocean.
Oldest and largest Mayan structure discovered
6-5-2020
Researchers have identified a gigantic Mayan ceremonial platform in Mexico dating back 3,000 years.
'Poltergeist' movie curse endures 38 years on
6-5-2020
On June 4th, 1982, this chilling cult-classic horror movie debuted to cinema audiences for the first time.
Armored dinosaur fossil reveals its last meal
6-4-2020
Scientists have analyzed the stomach contents of the well-preserved remains of an armor-plated dinosaur.
Orb of light in room
5-9-2020 | USA/Texas/Waco

Not sleeping alone
5-9-2020 | Los Angeles

Glowing red eyes
5-9-2020 | Fields, Louisiana

Two creature sightings
5-1-2020 | Augusta and Louisana

My haunted home
5-1-2020 | Rainham, Essex, UK

In over my head
3-3-2020 | CA

Stranger at night
3-3-2020 | Merritt Island, FL, U.S.

The babysitter