Thursday, May 26, 2016

'Skunk ape' filmed in Mississippi woods

Posted on Wednesday, 30 October, 2013 | Comment icon 160 comments

The creature appeared to be digging out a tree stump. Image Credit: YouTube / Josh Highcliff
A new video has surfaced online of a strange hominid creature foraging in remote woodland.
The footage was recorded in the woods 9 miles to the west of Tunica by a man who was out hunting hogs. According to his report he had been waiting for the light to fade when he heard a noise behind him.

"There was this huge black thing crouched by a dead cypress about 50 yards away, I thought it was a hog but saw these big shoulders and a head upright with hands," he wrote. "It looked like it was digging out the stump."

Paralyzed with fear, he waited and filmed the creature as it foraged a few yards in front of him. After a couple of minutes he took the decision to turn and run.

"I don't know what to think," he wrote. "If someone can tell me what it is or if somone was trying to prank me... I always heard stories of skunk ape and honey island swamp monster from these parts but never thought about it being real ever."

Source: YouTube | Comments (160)

Tags: Bigfoot, Skunk Ape

Comment icon #151 Posted by keninsc on 3 December, 2013, 23:47
What he described was compelling and I wonder what it actually was.
Comment icon #152 Posted by Stardrive on 4 December, 2013, 6:09
If'n I had it to do over again though, I'd figure out a way. But Like QC, we didn't look.
Comment icon #153 Posted by keninsc on 4 December, 2013, 6:37
Yeah, there's a lot of things that I'd do different if I had the chance to do them over again myself. It's kind of funny, back when I lived in Georgia, I lived in an area that has had a lot of sightings now. And in all my hiking and hunting in that area I never saw a track or saw one. I did have that smell I encountered, but that was it.
Comment icon #154 Posted by Stardrive on 4 December, 2013, 15:50
I've never seen, experienced, nor heard of anything unusual (muchless a bf) being in my neck of the woods. But that all changed. I have good reason to suspect there is something undiscovered out there, I just don't know for a fact what it is.
Comment icon #155 Posted by Kelevra on 5 December, 2013, 1:12
WHat changed?
Comment icon #156 Posted by keninsc on 5 December, 2013, 5:26
I hope one day to join you, maybe together we can shed light.....or at least share an experience.
Comment icon #157 Posted by Stardrive on 5 December, 2013, 16:13
Hi Kelevra, when I went out to see for myself I got lucky and learned some new things from an unknown source. That would be cool. I can put you within a few miles of where jtheat had his alleged encounter. All this is nothing but text on a computer screen, there's nothing like seeing for yourself.
Comment icon #158 Posted by keninsc on 5 December, 2013, 19:54
Works for me!
Comment icon #159 Posted by woodsbooger on 16 December, 2014, 19:49
This post is as old as dirt but I just want to say you can't zoom in when you are taking an iPhone video.

New optical clock is most accurate ever built
5-26-2016
Scientists have come up with a clock so accurate that it could even redefine the length of a second.
Neanderthal-built stone rings found in cave
5-25-2016
Remarkable prehistoric structures made from stalagmites have been discovered inside a cave in France.
'Human dog' appears in daytime TV interview
5-25-2016
Sound technician Tom Peters likes nothing more than to dress up in a latex costume and act like a dog.
Woman stalked by swarm of bees for 24 hours
5-25-2016
Carol Howarth was shocked to discover that a swarm of 20,000 bees had followed her car all the way home.
What happened before the Big Bang ?
Posted 5-22-2016 | 4 comments
Is it possible to find out what took place before our universe came in to existence ?

Prehistoric creatures that still exist
Posted 5-21-2016 | 1 comment
A look at some remarkable animal species that have survived for millions of years.

Why do we have 10 fingers and 10 toes ?
Posted 5-20-2016 | 2 comments
What is the reason that we happen to have exactly 10 fingers and toes ? Why that number ?

Talking tapes
Posted 5-19-2016 | 1 comment
Tim demonstrates a unique form of audio recording which uses ridged strips of plastic.

Building a popcorn machine
Posted 5-18-2016 | 1 comment
Adam Savage and Simone Giertz build a novel hands-free device for eating popcorn.

Not in our jurisdiction

Christmas Day haunting
4-6-2016 | London, UK

The funeral director
3-30-2016 | Hebburn, England

A strange sighting in Spain
3-30-2016 | Albatera, Spain

Dust patterns on basement floor
3-27-2016 | Smithville, Texas