Saturday, August 19, 2017

'Skunk ape' filmed in Mississippi woods

Posted on Wednesday, 30 October, 2013 | Comment icon 159 comments

The creature appeared to be digging out a tree stump. Image Credit: YouTube / Josh Highcliff
A new video has surfaced online of a strange hominid creature foraging in remote woodland.
The footage was recorded in the woods 9 miles to the west of Tunica by a man who was out hunting hogs. According to his report he had been waiting for the light to fade when he heard a noise behind him.

"There was this huge black thing crouched by a dead cypress about 50 yards away, I thought it was a hog but saw these big shoulders and a head upright with hands," he wrote. "It looked like it was digging out the stump."

Paralyzed with fear, he waited and filmed the creature as it foraged a few yards in front of him. After a couple of minutes he took the decision to turn and run.

"I don't know what to think," he wrote. "If someone can tell me what it is or if somone was trying to prank me... I always heard stories of skunk ape and honey island swamp monster from these parts but never thought about it being real ever."

Source: YouTube | Comments (159)

Tags: Bigfoot, Skunk Ape

Comment icon #150 Posted by Stardrive on 3 December, 2013, 0:05
Now that is an odd one! You said "finally removed it" (post#139). Was it there for awhile? There are blond colored black bears and bears in VA. But I don't have to tell you that. Cinnamon bears is what they're called I think. It was in a bad spot, hard to get to, and it's illegal to stop on a bridge overpass in Virginia. I wouldn't have thought twice about stopping to get a close-up looksy if it were anywhere else. Yeah it layed there from Monday morning till the following Sunday night when I saw the state trooper behind it. It was night time and I could see him filling out paperwork because h... [More]
Comment icon #151 Posted by keninsc on 3 December, 2013, 23:47
What he described was compelling and I wonder what it actually was.
Comment icon #152 Posted by Stardrive on 4 December, 2013, 6:09
If'n I had it to do over again though, I'd figure out a way. But Like QC, we didn't look.
Comment icon #153 Posted by keninsc on 4 December, 2013, 6:37
Yeah, there's a lot of things that I'd do different if I had the chance to do them over again myself. It's kind of funny, back when I lived in Georgia, I lived in an area that has had a lot of sightings now. And in all my hiking and hunting in that area I never saw a track or saw one. I did have that smell I encountered, but that was it.
Comment icon #154 Posted by Stardrive on 4 December, 2013, 15:50
Comment icon #155 Posted by Kelevra on 5 December, 2013, 1:12
WHat changed?
Comment icon #156 Posted by keninsc on 5 December, 2013, 5:26
I've never seen, experienced, nor heard of anything unusual (muchless a bf) being in my neck of the woods. But that all changed. I have good reason to suspect there is something undiscovered out there, I just don't know for a fact what it is. I hope one day to join you, maybe together we can shed light.....or at least share an experience.
Comment icon #157 Posted by Stardrive on 5 December, 2013, 16:13
WHat changed? Hi Kelevra, when I went out to see for myself I got lucky and learned some new things from an unknown source. I hope one day to join you, maybe together we can shed light.....or at least share an experience. That would be cool. I can put you within a few miles of where jtheat had his alleged encounter. All this is nothing but text on a computer screen, there's nothing like seeing for yourself.
Comment icon #158 Posted by keninsc on 5 December, 2013, 19:54
Hi Kelevra, when I went out to see for myself I got lucky and learned some new things from an unknown source. That would be cool. I can put you within a few miles of where jtheat had his alleged encounter. All this is nothing but text on a computer screen, there's nothing like seeing for yourself. Works for me!
Comment icon #159 Posted by woodsbooger on 16 December, 2014, 19:49
This post is as old as dirt but I just want to say you can't zoom in when you are taking an iPhone video.

Mars rovers to focus on the search for life
8-18-2017
Two upcoming Mars rover missions will attempt to determine if the Red Planet was once home to life.
Thieves in Germany steal 20 tons of chocolate
8-18-2017
The unusual heist saw a trailer loaded with confectionery being driven away in the town of Neustadt.
Mystery of distant Kuiper Belt object deepens
8-17-2017
The next target of NASA's New Horizons probe is a space rock with some rather intriguing properties.
Scientists solve animal evolution mystery
8-17-2017
A sea algae boom has been credited with the rise of the first complex life forms in Earth's distant past.
Adam Savage meets an alien
Posted 8-18-2017 | 2 comments
The former MythBuster checks out the animatronic alien from the movie Alien Covenant.

Concrete blocks chest smash
Posted 8-17-2017 | 0 comments
Multiple world record holder Ali Bahcetepe has 16 concrete blocks smashed on his chest.

Animal symbiotic relationships
Posted 8-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at some of the animal species that rely on one another to survive.

How much of the Earth can be seen at once ?
Posted 8-15-2017 | 0 comments
What is the maximum amount of our planet that you can see from any given point ?

Will batteries power the world ?
Posted 8-14-2017 | 0 comments
Is there a limit to how small and light a rechargeable lithium-ion battery can be ?

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY

Shapeshifter
8-18-2017 | Cranbrook British Columbia

Ghost experiences ?
8-11-2017 | United States

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia