Wednesday, July 27, 2016

'Skunk ape' filmed in Mississippi woods

Posted on Wednesday, 30 October, 2013 | Comment icon 159 comments

The creature appeared to be digging out a tree stump. Image Credit: YouTube / Josh Highcliff
A new video has surfaced online of a strange hominid creature foraging in remote woodland.
The footage was recorded in the woods 9 miles to the west of Tunica by a man who was out hunting hogs. According to his report he had been waiting for the light to fade when he heard a noise behind him.

"There was this huge black thing crouched by a dead cypress about 50 yards away, I thought it was a hog but saw these big shoulders and a head upright with hands," he wrote. "It looked like it was digging out the stump."

Paralyzed with fear, he waited and filmed the creature as it foraged a few yards in front of him. After a couple of minutes he took the decision to turn and run.

"I don't know what to think," he wrote. "If someone can tell me what it is or if somone was trying to prank me... I always heard stories of skunk ape and honey island swamp monster from these parts but never thought about it being real ever."

Source: YouTube | Comments (159)

Tags: Bigfoot, Skunk Ape

Comment icon #150 Posted by Stardrive on 3 December, 2013, 0:05
Now that is an odd one! You said "finally removed it" (post#139). Was it there for awhile? There are blond colored black bears and bears in VA. But I don't have to tell you that. Cinnamon bears is what they're called I think. It was in a bad spot, hard to get to, and it's illegal to stop on a bridge overpass in Virginia. I wouldn't have thought twice about stopping to get a close-up looksy if it were anywhere else. Yeah it layed there from Monday morning till the following Sunday night when I saw the state trooper behind it. It was night time and I could see him filling out paperwork because h... [More]
Comment icon #151 Posted by keninsc on 3 December, 2013, 23:47
What he described was compelling and I wonder what it actually was.
Comment icon #152 Posted by Stardrive on 4 December, 2013, 6:09
If'n I had it to do over again though, I'd figure out a way. But Like QC, we didn't look.
Comment icon #153 Posted by keninsc on 4 December, 2013, 6:37
Yeah, there's a lot of things that I'd do different if I had the chance to do them over again myself. It's kind of funny, back when I lived in Georgia, I lived in an area that has had a lot of sightings now. And in all my hiking and hunting in that area I never saw a track or saw one. I did have that smell I encountered, but that was it.
Comment icon #154 Posted by Stardrive on 4 December, 2013, 15:50
Comment icon #155 Posted by Kelevra on 5 December, 2013, 1:12
WHat changed?
Comment icon #156 Posted by keninsc on 5 December, 2013, 5:26
I've never seen, experienced, nor heard of anything unusual (muchless a bf) being in my neck of the woods. But that all changed. I have good reason to suspect there is something undiscovered out there, I just don't know for a fact what it is. I hope one day to join you, maybe together we can shed light.....or at least share an experience.
Comment icon #157 Posted by Stardrive on 5 December, 2013, 16:13
WHat changed? Hi Kelevra, when I went out to see for myself I got lucky and learned some new things from an unknown source. I hope one day to join you, maybe together we can shed light.....or at least share an experience. That would be cool. I can put you within a few miles of where jtheat had his alleged encounter. All this is nothing but text on a computer screen, there's nothing like seeing for yourself.
Comment icon #158 Posted by keninsc on 5 December, 2013, 19:54
Hi Kelevra, when I went out to see for myself I got lucky and learned some new things from an unknown source. That would be cool. I can put you within a few miles of where jtheat had his alleged encounter. All this is nothing but text on a computer screen, there's nothing like seeing for yourself. Works for me!
Comment icon #159 Posted by woodsbooger on 16 December, 2014, 19:49
This post is as old as dirt but I just want to say you can't zoom in when you are taking an iPhone video.

Mystery surrounds missing craters on Ceres
7-26-2016
Scientists have been attempting to determine why the dwarf planet Ceres has no large craters at all.
Cockroach milk: the future's health drink ?
7-26-2016
New research suggests that cockroaches produce milk that is three times more nutritious than cow's milk.
Solar Impulse completes historic global trip
7-26-2016
The aircraft, which is powered entirely by the sun, has succeeded in flying around the entire world.
NASA to digitize data from Viking landers
7-25-2016
The data recorded during the historic Viking Mars missions is set to be archived in digital form.
Walking over light bulbs
Posted 7-26-2016 | 1 comment
This skilled Chinese woman succeeds in walking across light bulbs for 20 meters.

Are great leaders born or made ?
Posted 7-25-2016 | 7 comments
What does it take to be a great leader and how does one go about accomplishing that ?

Real-life Pokemon
Posted 7-24-2016 | 1 comment
Are there any animals in the real world that could be considered actual real-life Pokemon ?

Trans-Atlantic solar powered flight
Posted 7-23-2016 | 0 comments
A look at Solar Impulse 2, the aircraft that crossed the Atlantic using the power of the sun.

The Earth from space
Posted 7-22-2016 | 0 comments
A view of our home planet as seen through the EPIC camera on the NOAA's DSCOVR satellite

Light in Orion
7-23-2016 | Tampa, Florida

Girl with the broken neck
7-23-2016 | Mississippi

Holes in cotton clothing
7-23-2016 | Somerset, UK

Three knocks in the night
6-28-2016 | Cedar City, Utah