Monday, February 20, 2017

UFO sighted over New South Wales

Posted on Saturday, 15 March, 2014 | Comment icon 33 comments

Newscastle, Australia. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Tim Starling
A couple from Cameron Park reported seeing a 'blue and red' object shooting across the sky.
Murray Wadsworth had been watering his garden on Tuesday night when he first spotted what he initially described as a "shooting star" heading southwards. He called his wife to come and take a look and both of them watched it for several minutes.

"It was overhead like a fast shooting star and then it started to curve back up into the sky and turned blue and then red and blue again," he said. "It sort of danced around, up and down, and then it went below the trees and I lost sight of it."

A similar sighting was reported over the same area last year when witnesses claimed to have seen a blue light that also changed to red as it passed above the Newcastle skyline.

"There has to be a rational explanation, Iím a total sceptic, but whatever that was, it was too fast to have been an aeroplane," said Mr Wadsworth.

Source: The Herald | Comments (33)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #24 Posted by psyche101 on 18 March, 2014, 1:48
You must admit it's pretty bad. At least the yanks have IPA which has the citrus flavour. All one has to admit is you are not only clueless with UFO's but beer too. Poncy citrus, do you hold your pinky in the air when you drink it too? Aussie beer is a mans beer. So little wonder it is too much for your delicate palette. Any way OZ has quality UFO's. Everyone has UFO's notably Hessdalen, which shows us they are not Extraterrestrial like you keep making out they are. Kelly Cahill, Tully Saucer, Cosford. Sheer quality. Kelly Cahill and her husband saw nothing, and admit it. Her whole story is ma... [More]
Comment icon #25 Posted by psyche101 on 18 March, 2014, 1:49
They gave it to us. DYOR. They did not, that is a lie, Do your own research, even if it would be for the first time ever.
Comment icon #26 Posted by DONTEATUS on 18 March, 2014, 2:36
Now we know why there comming ! For our Veggimite Girls !
Comment icon #27 Posted by Hida Akechi on 18 March, 2014, 2:43
Blue and Red? Maybe it was Thor? Hey! It's always Thor! And as far as I'm concerned, he can fly by and buzz the tragically gullible all he wants to, as long as they keep snapping blurry pictures of him with their terrible cameras and shaky video cams.
Comment icon #28 Posted by ChrLzs on 18 March, 2014, 3:09
I'll take a look at those links, thanks psyche. While on the topic of beer, I'm just making some spicy beer batter for some home made seafood sticks and also, believe it or not, deep fried vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, etc) Yummm (- if you haven't tried it don't knock it!!) Trouble is, it looks like I only need a cup of beer - what the heck shall I do with the rest of the bottles I opened..?
Comment icon #29 Posted by Sir Wearer of Hats on 18 March, 2014, 3:27
Told you great stuff isn't it. We all take baths in th stuff during dropbear season. See LOL, the wife and her sister fighting over the jar!!! Ahh family, what can you do with them but love 'em!! Ewww. What a waste.
Comment icon #30 Posted by psyche101 on 18 March, 2014, 3:34
I'll take a look at those links, thanks psyche. Cheers mate, sorry best I could do so far. While on the topic of beer, I'm just making some spicy beer batter for some home made seafood sticks and also, believe it or not, deep fried vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, etc) Yummm (- if you haven't tried it don't knock it!!) I hear you! Crumbed veggies are wicked awesome too, my mother used to par boil cauliflower and crumb it, and then fry it. Delicious. I have not tried a "blooming onion" yet though. Intended to make one over Christmas but never got around to it. They sound good. A dip or sauce ... [More]
Comment icon #31 Posted by psyche101 on 18 March, 2014, 3:36
Ewww. What a waste. I know I know!! My wife and her little sister are always fighting over the jar, and they get it everywhere!! What is one to do?????? Can't take them anywhere!! Bloody children they are!!!! See what I have to put up with people!!
Comment icon #32 Posted by ChrLzs on 18 March, 2014, 5:43
C'mon, let's get back on topic. How about a bit of maths - I am such a fan of this sorta stuff!!!!!111!!! I dedicate this to Zoser and crew.. From xkcd, my favorite place to giggle for a while..
Comment icon #33 Posted by DieChecker on 18 March, 2014, 19:50
I know I know!! My wife and her little sister are always fighting over the jar, and they get it everywhere!! What is one to do?????? Can't take them anywhere!! Bloody children they are!!!! See what I have to put up with people!! Which one is your wife?

SpaceX Cape Canaveral launch is a success
2-19-2017
The private space firm has successfully launched a Falcon 9 rocket from NASA's Kennedy Space Center.
Fed up single woman decides to marry herself
2-19-2017
Singleton Lynne Gollogly made the decision following years of failed attempts to find 'Mr Right'.
Mars may be slowly forming a ring system
2-19-2017
Mars may not be the most obvious place to look for rings, but that could soon be set to change.
Scientists aim to harness power of volcanoes
2-18-2017
Efforts are underway in Iceland to find ways of turning the heat from volcanoes in to usable electricity.
Featured book

By Guy Lyon Playfair
A look at the story of Peggy Hodgson and her four children who, between 1977 and 1979, were at the center of one of the most terrifying poltergeist cases ever documented.
Slow motion football explosion
Posted 2-19-2017 | 0 comments
What happens when you over-inflate a football ? The Slo Mo Guys investigate.

Long-term space travel and isolation
Posted 2-18-2017 | 1 comment
Not everyone is cut out for the isolation of traveling long distances through space.

Humphead parrotfish
Posted 2-17-2017 | 1 comment
These bizarre-looking 1.5-meter-long fish can use their teeth to turn coral in to a fine sand.

Catching lightning in a bottle
Posted 2-16-2017 | 0 comments
Is it possible to catch lightning in a bottle ? Adam Savage investigates.

Most finger snaps in one minute
Posted 2-15-2017 | 3 comments
Japanese university student Satoyuki Fujimura managed 296 fingers snaps in 60 seconds.

Saved by a stranger

1-6-2017 | Southern California

Floating tiles
1-6-2017 | Chewelah, Washington

A haunting in Northern California
12-28-2016 | Northern California

Strange creature in South Africa
12-28-2016 | South Africa, Hoedspruit.