Wednesday, October 18, 2017

UFO sighted over New South Wales

Posted on Saturday, 15 March, 2014 | Comment icon 33 comments

Newscastle, Australia. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Tim Starling
A couple from Cameron Park reported seeing a 'blue and red' object shooting across the sky.
Murray Wadsworth had been watering his garden on Tuesday night when he first spotted what he initially described as a "shooting star" heading southwards. He called his wife to come and take a look and both of them watched it for several minutes.

"It was overhead like a fast shooting star and then it started to curve back up into the sky and turned blue and then red and blue again," he said. "It sort of danced around, up and down, and then it went below the trees and I lost sight of it."

A similar sighting was reported over the same area last year when witnesses claimed to have seen a blue light that also changed to red as it passed above the Newcastle skyline.

"There has to be a rational explanation, I’m a total sceptic, but whatever that was, it was too fast to have been an aeroplane," said Mr Wadsworth.

Source: The Herald | Comments (33)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #24 Posted by psyche101 on 18 March, 2014, 1:48
You must admit it's pretty bad. At least the yanks have IPA which has the citrus flavour. All one has to admit is you are not only clueless with UFO's but beer too. Poncy citrus, do you hold your pinky in the air when you drink it too? Aussie beer is a mans beer. So little wonder it is too much for your delicate palette. Any way OZ has quality UFO's. Everyone has UFO's notably Hessdalen, which shows us they are not Extraterrestrial like you keep making out they are. Kelly Cahill, Tully Saucer, Cosford. Sheer quality. Kelly Cahill and her husband saw nothing, and admit it. Her whole story is ma... [More]
Comment icon #25 Posted by psyche101 on 18 March, 2014, 1:49
They gave it to us. DYOR. They did not, that is a lie, Do your own research, even if it would be for the first time ever.
Comment icon #26 Posted by DONTEATUS on 18 March, 2014, 2:36
Now we know why there comming ! For our Veggimite Girls !
Comment icon #27 Posted by Hida Akechi on 18 March, 2014, 2:43
Blue and Red? Maybe it was Thor? Hey! It's always Thor! And as far as I'm concerned, he can fly by and buzz the tragically gullible all he wants to, as long as they keep snapping blurry pictures of him with their terrible cameras and shaky video cams.
Comment icon #28 Posted by ChrLzs on 18 March, 2014, 3:09
I'll take a look at those links, thanks psyche. While on the topic of beer, I'm just making some spicy beer batter for some home made seafood sticks and also, believe it or not, deep fried vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, etc) Yummm (- if you haven't tried it don't knock it!!) Trouble is, it looks like I only need a cup of beer - what the heck shall I do with the rest of the bottles I opened..?
Comment icon #29 Posted by Sir Wearer of Hats on 18 March, 2014, 3:27
Told you great stuff isn't it. We all take baths in th stuff during dropbear season. See LOL, the wife and her sister fighting over the jar!!! Ahh family, what can you do with them but love 'em!! Ewww. What a waste.
Comment icon #30 Posted by psyche101 on 18 March, 2014, 3:34
I'll take a look at those links, thanks psyche. Cheers mate, sorry best I could do so far. While on the topic of beer, I'm just making some spicy beer batter for some home made seafood sticks and also, believe it or not, deep fried vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, etc) Yummm (- if you haven't tried it don't knock it!!) I hear you! Crumbed veggies are wicked awesome too, my mother used to par boil cauliflower and crumb it, and then fry it. Delicious. I have not tried a "blooming onion" yet though. Intended to make one over Christmas but never got around to it. They sound good. A dip or sauce ... [More]
Comment icon #31 Posted by psyche101 on 18 March, 2014, 3:36
Ewww. What a waste. I know I know!! My wife and her little sister are always fighting over the jar, and they get it everywhere!! What is one to do?????? Can't take them anywhere!! Bloody children they are!!!! See what I have to put up with people!!
Comment icon #32 Posted by ChrLzs on 18 March, 2014, 5:43
C'mon, let's get back on topic. How about a bit of maths - I am such a fan of this sorta stuff!!!!!111!!! I dedicate this to Zoser and crew.. From xkcd, my favorite place to giggle for a while..
Comment icon #33 Posted by DieChecker on 18 March, 2014, 19:50
I know I know!! My wife and her little sister are always fighting over the jar, and they get it everywhere!! What is one to do?????? Can't take them anywhere!! Bloody children they are!!!! See what I have to put up with people!! Which one is your wife?

Google invents an AI that learns on its own
10-18-2017
The search giant has developed an artificial intelligence capable of learning without human intervention.
Saturn's rings are raining down methane
10-18-2017
NASA has revealed the discovery of methane and other chemicals in the gas giant's upper atmosphere.
48 million-year-old bird fossil unearthed
10-18-2017
A prehistoric species of bird that preened itself like a flamingo has been discovered in Germany.
Bolsover Castle is voted 'England's spookiest'
10-17-2017
Built on an ancient burial ground, Bolsover Castle in Derbyshire has a reputation for being haunted.
Recreating your face from DNA
Posted 10-18-2017 | 0 comments
Is it possible to determine someone's appearance from a sample of their DNA ?

Schlieren imaging in color
Posted 10-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at Schlieren imaging - a technique that can help to visualize tiny differences in air.

Glowing creatures of the deep
Posted 10-15-2017 | 0 comments
This vintage clip sees Sir David Attenborough descending in to the dark depths of the sea.

Slow motion pellet split
Posted 10-14-2017 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt to split an air gun pellet with a knife to pop two balloons.

Dog with world's longest tongue
Posted 10-12-2017 | 2 comments
Meet Mochi Rickert - a female St Bernard with a tongue measuring 18.58 cm in length.

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom

Ghost playing with a balloon?
10-18-2017 | Australia

Impossible phone call
10-18-2017 | West Virginia

Seeing cats
10-18-2017 | Santa Rosa

Fourth of July UFO show
10-18-2017 | Hillsboro ND

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland