Thursday, September 21, 2017

Sparkling 'angelic' UFO filmed over Italy

Posted on Monday, 14 July, 2014 | Comment icon 175 comments

The objects looked like twinkling stars. Image Credit: YouTube / Antonio Urzi Simona Sibilla
A strange cluster of bright objects flying in formation has been caught on video over Milan.
The Italian skies were the scene of an unusual spectacle earlier this month when a resident recorded a peculiar series of twinkling lights hovering high above the houses.

The footage lasts around nine minutes and shows the lights slowly moving and switching positions while glowing angelically in the air. The formation appears to change frequently throughout the sighting and nobody present at the time seemed to have any idea what it was that they had just witnessed.

Source: YouTube | Comments (175)

Tags: UFO, Italy

Comment icon #166 Posted by maximusnow on 24 July, 2014, 14:30
Comment icon #167 Posted by JesseCuster on 25 July, 2014, 14:59
If this is real footage and these are balloons, what is the distance between the top and bottom of this display? It looks to be miles apart after seeing the aircraft pass below the object. They would have to be tethered together and be very large to reflect sunlight in that manner. IDK about the balloon theory on this one? The airplane doesn't necessarily pass *below* the object. It simply passes by in the same frame. The balloons could easily be much closer than the airplane. There's no frame of reference to gauge the distance and size of the balloons compared with the airplane.When you see t... [More]
Comment icon #168 Posted by ufoscan on 26 July, 2014, 3:07
There was a Catman in DCas well, he started out as a rip off of the Bat, but slowly morphed into a distinct (and fairly nasty) character. Hopefully, they'll skip "Penguin-girl" !
Comment icon #169 Posted by ufoscan on 26 July, 2014, 3:08
The airplane doesn't necessarily pass *below* the object. It simply passes by in the same frame. The balloons could easily be much closer than the airplane. There's no frame of reference to gauge the distance and size of the balloons compared with the airplane. Maybe the plane belonged to the father of the little girl who lost her balloons and he was trying to get them back for her ???
Comment icon #170 Posted by nik-h on 28 July, 2014, 22:47
Comment icon #171 Posted by Thorvir Hrothgaard on 29 July, 2014, 1:52
'Chinese? With a Norse name like Thorvir and a real name like Jeff?' Er, it was a joke you daft bugger! Good God you couldn't get more Norse if you were called Viggo 'The Viking' Siggurdsson-BornholmerFærgen-StenaLine-Eriksson-Nokia-Ikea... 'Anyway they do say every fourth person on the planet is now Chinese. So I was thinking - there's four of us with my three brothers so one of us must be! Now there's me, Sid, Dave & Jiang Jun Su - I think it's Dave...' Tommy Cooper Every fourth person is Chinese? Hmmm, well...I have only one sibling, so maybe I avoided that fate.
Comment icon #172 Posted by DONTEATUS on 29 July, 2014, 2:17
Boy ! I bet that the confession pew`s are going to Full in Italy ! .
Comment icon #173 Posted by DieChecker on 29 July, 2014, 2:42
Every fourth person is Chinese? Hmmm, well...I have only one sibling, so maybe I avoided that fate. FunFact: India is on track to pass China in terms of population in about 20 years.
Comment icon #174 Posted by badeskov on 29 July, 2014, 2:43
'Chinese? With a Norse name like Thorvir and a real name like Jeff?' Er, it was a joke you daft bugger! Good God you couldn't get more Norse if you were called Viggo 'The Viking' Siggurdsson-BornholmerFærgen-StenaLine-Eriksson-Nokia-Ikea... 'Anyway they do say every fourth person on the planet is now Chinese. So I was thinking - there's four of us with my three brothers so one of us must be! Now there's me, Sid, Dave & Jiang Jun Su - I think it's Dave...' Tommy Cooper By all means of respect, but you have got to be Danish. Nobody else would mention Bornholmerfærgen... Cheers, Badeskov
Comment icon #175 Posted by maximusnow on 6 August, 2014, 18:22
The airplane doesn't necessarily pass *below* the object. It simply passes by in the same frame. The balloons could easily be much closer than the airplane. There's no frame of reference to gauge the distance and size of the balloons compared with the airplane. When you see the moon lower in the sky than an airplane flying by, do you think the moon is literally *below* the airplane? No, but if a plane fly’s past the moon and blocks the image of the moon, I can see that the plane is closer to the camera. I agree that distance is difficult but the plane blocks the image of the balloons or whatev... [More]

Europe withdraws from anti-asteroid mission
9-21-2017
An upcoming mission designed to test out the deflection of a large asteroid has hit a bit of a snag.
Giant prehistoric frog ate small dinosaurs
9-21-2017
At the size of a beach ball, the monster-sized Beelzebufo ampinga was the largest frog that ever lived.
550 million-year-old creature mystery solved
9-20-2017
Scientists believe that they have finally worked out what type of creature 'Dickinsonia' actually was.
Porpoise unearthed in medieval graveyard
9-20-2017
A recent archaeological dig near Guernsey has yielded something rather unexpected - a porpoise skeleton.
Science-fiction spacesuits
Posted 9-21-2017 | 0 comments
Adam Savage investigates a number of intricately detailed spacesuits used in movies.

Extreme neodymium magnet
Posted 9-20-2017 | 0 comments
Unboxing a magnet so powerful that it can suspend huge weights off the underside of a table.

Derren Brown and new age crystals
Posted 9-19-2017 | 0 comments
The psychological illusionist is joined by actor Martin Freeman for this remarkable trick.

I'll eat my hat
Posted 9-18-2017 | 0 comments
Where did the strange phrase 'I'll eat my hat' actually come from ?

Meet the microscopic life in your home
Posted 9-17-2017 | 0 comments
Think your home is free of meddlesome microscopic life forms ? Think again.

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland

Unexplained light flashes
8-30-2017 | Louisiana

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY