Monday, July 24, 2017

UFO dossier may be released after UK election

Posted on Monday, 22 May, 2017 | Comment icon 12 comments

The release of the files has been repeatedly delayed. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A selection of previously withheld documents about UFOs could be seeing a release in the near future.
The collection of 18 documents, which were supposed to have been released back in 2013, were withheld for reasons unknown and have been pending publication for years.

It remains unclear exactly what is contained within the files however it is generally believed that they relate to British UFO cases and may even include details of the Rendlesham Forest incident.

When asked by a German website about the status of the release, the National Archives responded by claiming that the documents cannot be published at the moment due to the General Election.

"Due to the upcoming election here in the UK and the rules relating to the government departments during the pre-election period, the files will not be released until after the election," they wrote.

While disappointing, the reply does suggest that the files could be released quite soon.

"There's no smoking gun in these files that will confirm the existence of aliens, but there are plenty of fascinating UFO reports and MoD policy documents, so these really are the real-life X-Files," said Nick Pope, a UFO researcher who headed up the MoD's UFO desk from 1991 to 1994.

"The delay has been a comedy of errors though, I think it's more bureaucracy than conspiracy."

Source: Reuters | Comments (12)

Tags: UFO, UK

Comment icon #3 Posted by Manfred von Dreidecker on 22 May, 2017, 18:48
I think most people would've been fairly familiar with aircraft by 1949. They'd probably have seen loads during the war.
Comment icon #4 Posted by freetoroam on 22 May, 2017, 18:59
After the war all shapes and sizes of planes were coming out,  even today we are still getting people querying strange lights in the sky which turn out to be helicopters or planes, so "back in the days"  after the war when the commercial planes were hitting the UK, they would have looked strange to some.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Manfred von Dreidecker on 22 May, 2017, 19:12
I don't know whether it would've been significantly more strange than, say, a Lancaster; it may have sounded different, but anyone would've recognised it as a plane. In fact, they'd probably have been familiar with it from the papers and British Pathé News; "Thaat be the new De 'Avilland DH106 Comet, thaat be. That be powered by four o' they new De 'Avilland Ghost reaction turbine engines, an' will be able to cruise at speeds 'itherto unattained. We be lookin' at the future o' commercial air travel, we be." "Oi is not sure, Gideon, whether they 'as really satisfactorily determined the stresses... [More]
Comment icon #6 Posted by freetoroam on 22 May, 2017, 19:47
I can see them now:
Comment icon #7 Posted by TaintlessMetals on 23 May, 2017, 1:38
We are working our way (ever so slowly) to disclosure. I sincerely doubt this will contain anything truly relevant, but we are obviously being groomed to be able to, as a society, handle life outside of our planet. If disclosure is left in the hands of governments with economic agendas at the forefront we will definately be told of simple life far before an admonition of intelligent life, but hey maybe we will get lucky and some form of intelligent species will take pity on the masses, the sheep I should say and make there presence known to all in some way.
Comment icon #8 Posted by Golden Duck on 23 May, 2017, 6:58
At the Warbirds Over Canberra show back in August 2015, I heard aircraft that sounded like nothing I'd heard before (except on screen). Perhaps they heard something outside their experience.
Comment icon #9 Posted by paperdyer on 23 May, 2017, 16:26
Sounds like more tap dancing to me.  I'm sure there will be yet another excuse after the elections,
Comment icon #10 Posted by preacherman76 on 23 May, 2017, 17:58
It would be awesome if there was disclosure, but I don't see that happening, probably ever. The US wont even admit that they know anything about it at all.
Comment icon #11 Posted by jarjarbinks on 23 May, 2017, 20:50
What's the point of holding those files if it's about nothing.
Comment icon #12 Posted by TheOtherSide1945 on 24 May, 2017, 4:41
Maybe classified planes that people were seeing? There could be entire design lines that the public is not even aware of. I seen a triangle ufo when I was 14, it really changed the way I looked at everything. I watched shows and stuff about ufos but was the typical never seen one so 95% sure they dont exist.  In the last 5 years I have pretty much figured that after WWII I am sure that most if not all ufos are classified projects.

Nazi gold reportedly found in WWII shipwreck
7-24-2017
A chest thought to be filled with Nazi gold has been found in the wreckage of the scuttled SS Minden.
Mystery woman 'wails through letterboxes'
7-23-2017
Several households in England have been plagued by a woman crying through their letterboxes at night.
Robot ventures inside Fukushima reactor 3
7-23-2017
Scientists in Japan have identified what could be fuel debris within the devastated nuclear reactor.
Public names locomotive 'Trainy McTrainface'
7-23-2017
A recent poll in Sweden has shown, once again, why asking the public to name anything is a bad idea.
Redefining the kilogram
Posted 7-24-2017 | 0 comments

Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 1 comment

Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

Do not microwave an airbag
Posted 7-20-2017 | 2 comments
The Slo Mo Guys capture what happens when you put an airbag in a microwave.

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI