Friday, April 20, 2018

UFO spotted near UK naval base

Posted on Saturday, 3 May, 2014 | Comment icon 21 comments

At least five people are known to have witnessed the object. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Jason Rogers
Several people witnessed an unidentified object in the skies over Portreath on the night of April 27th.
The object passed overhead at around 11pm and generated several reports by residents who described it as "quite large" and "triangular" in shape. A Cornwall based UFO research group has been appealing for more witnesses to come forward.

"It had a lot of white lights at the front but none that I could see at the back," said group founder Dave Gillham who also saw the object. "It came from the Porthreath area and very slowly and quieter than a helicopter or plane [and] headed towards Helston."

One witness who tried to take footage of the object as it passed above her reported that the video she'd captured had been mysteriously wiped from her phone.

The triangular craft was last seen heading in the direction of the nearby RNAS Culdrose naval base.

Source: West Briton | Comments (21)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #12 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 17:05
I didn't think Mr H generally was skeptical? He was poking fun at my spelling in my signature. I spelled too with one o. Obviously that was more amusing to him then the stealth blimp.Yes Z I'm a little skepty. It helps separate the chaff from the wheat. But not so extreme that I take some wheat with the chaff. Surely you can appreciate that.
Comment icon #13 Posted by zoser on 4 May, 2014, 17:08
He was poking fun at my spelling in my signature. I spelled too with one o. Obviously that was more amusing to him then the stealth blimp. Yes Z I'm a little skepty. It helps separate the chaff from the wheat. But not so extreme that I take some wheat with the chaff. Surely you can appreciate that. Go for it Mr H UM needs a rich and diverse mixture of folk! You are a welcome member of the UM family.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 17:15
You are a welcome member of the UM family. I'm sure there are those that beg to differ with you. You know how these debates can go.
Comment icon #15 Posted by smokeycat on 4 May, 2014, 17:26
He was poking fun at my spelling in my signature. I spelled too with one o. Obviously that was more amusing to him then the stealth blimp. Yes Z I'm a little skepty. It helps separate the chaff from the wheat. But not so extreme that I take some wheat with the chaff. Surely you can appreciate that. No, stealth blimps are hilarious. Only joking... Sorry if I upset you. I love what it says in your signature but the misspelling took the shine off it that's all. Shall we shake hands and move on?
Comment icon #16 Posted by Yes_Man on 4 May, 2014, 18:19
How about a Sea King helicopter, theres one i have seen with dome on the side, could be used in search and rescue or radar.
Comment icon #17 Posted by DONTEATUS on 4 May, 2014, 18:35
Come on now ! Thats gotta be a "Z' pencil drawing ! We know he`s trying to win that artist job in the back of the popular mechimaniaics mag right?
Comment icon #18 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 21:37
Comment icon #19 Posted by smokeycat on 4 May, 2014, 21:45
After 24 years after Bentwaters, they're back looking for Penniston and Halt. Didn't Penniston say they were time travelers from our distant future? 34 years wasn't it?
Comment icon #20 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 23:09
34 years wasn't it? My bad. You're correct. I must say Bentwaters was a compelling case with the type of eyewitness testimony. They weren't no rednecks from the backwoods making that claim.
Comment icon #21 Posted by smokeycat on 5 May, 2014, 0:59
My bad. You're correct. I must say Bentwaters was a compelling case with the type of eyewitness testimony. They weren't no rednecks from the backwoods making that claim. Yes, you are right, very compelling. Definitely more to it than a misidentification of a nearby lighthouse, which I think is very patronising to the serving personnel that served there.

New species of 'exploding ant' discovered
4-20-2018
Capable of taking drastic action to protect their colonies, these ants have a rather unusual defense mechanism.
Missing Nazi submarine mystery finally solved
4-20-2018
The wreckage of one of Germany's most advanced U-boats has been discovered off the coast of Denmark.
Mutation helps Bajau people stay underwater
4-19-2018
In a rare case of natural selection in modern humans, the free-diving Bajau people have developed a larger spleen.
NASA teases plans for nuclear power in space
4-19-2018
The space agency will be revealing new details of its 'Kilopower' system at the beginning of next month.
Revealing the secrets of the deep ocean
Posted 4-19-2018 | 0 comments
Scientist Mandy Joye has dedicated her life to exploring the depths of the world's oceans.

Giant 3D-printed man
Posted 4-15-2018 | 2 comments
British YouTuber James Bruton has created a giant 3D-printed sculpture of himself.

The world's roundest object
Posted 4-12-2018 | 2 comments
A look at how the roundest object can help us to define the humble kilogram.

Do fish talk to each other ?
Posted 4-10-2018 | 11 comments
Fish might seem silent, but in actual fact they make a wide range of different sounds.

The great Jaffa Cake debate
Posted 4-8-2018 | 4 comments
Revisiting the age-old question - is the humble Jaffa Cake a cake or a biscuit ?

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA