Tuesday, December 1, 2020
  Bizarre

Man sneezes out toy dart after 44 years

Posted on Wednesday, 13 May, 2015 | Comment icon 16 comments

The dart was a toy version with a sucker on the end instead of a sharp tip. Image Credit: PD - Wiki
A man has sneezed out a toy dart that had been stuck up his nose for more than four decades.
51-year-old Steve Easton had been suffering from a blocked nose for as long as he could remember - an irritating ailment that often saw him waking up in the night with a dose of the sniffles and a headache that he had been attributing to hayfever.

To his surprise however he managed to clear the blockage with one almighty sneeze after the end of a toy dart, which had seemingly been lodged in his nasal cavity since he was a child, came shooting out of his nose like a cork from a bottle.

"I started a sneezing fit and it came out my left nostril," he said. "I thought, 'What's this? Where the hell has this come from?' and pulled out this rubber sucker. I was completely blown away."
It later emerged that Easton had been taken to hospital by his parents as a youngster after they noticed that one of the rubber tips from the toy darts he had been playing with was missing.

"Steve said he'd swallowed it and there was just one of these darts without a tip," said his mother.

"I took him to the hospital and they spent a lot of time looking for it but in the end they said perhaps it was a mistake. I knew it wasn't and it's always worried me and then now it has suddenly shot out."

Source: Telegraph | Comments (16)

Tags: Dart, Nose

Comment icon #7 Posted by Infernal Gnu on 13 May, 2015, 12:18
This is snot funny. What if the expelled dart had killed someone?
Comment icon #8 Posted by Dinosaur Jr on 13 May, 2015, 13:53
He must be feeling so great right now, kinda like how I felt after my deviated nasal septum surgery. So much more oxygen to breathe! I felt so good.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Dark_Grey on 13 May, 2015, 14:04
"There's a crayon in my brain?" *Homer points to nose*
Comment icon #10 Posted by Robert1 on 13 May, 2015, 14:45
For forty four years, this guy didn't bother to find out what was wrong with him? I would have had it checked out years ago.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Blurfoot on 13 May, 2015, 14:57
"There's a crayon in my brain?" *Homer points to nose* One of my favourite Simpsons episodes! I wonder if this guy has lost any IQ points since the dart was dislodged.
Comment icon #12 Posted by ancient astronaut on 13 May, 2015, 18:34
What the hell was he thinking?
Comment icon #13 Posted by Use your brain on 14 May, 2015, 8:40
It was the tip of one of the kind of darts I will link you to, so his nose had to have a near 100% blockage for 40 years http://www.amazon.com/Dart-Gun-Toy-Inch/dp/B0090NOI92
Comment icon #14 Posted by Sunny Day on 14 May, 2015, 11:08
I bet he snored like a tractor. I'm wondering why/how a 7 year old would get it up their nose? He was past the toddler stage by then
Comment icon #15 Posted by pallidin on 14 May, 2015, 12:49
Huh. Maybe that would explain his neighbors missing motorcycle as well.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Sir Smoke aLot on 15 May, 2015, 12:50
Sure, i believe him

Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit
11-30-2020
The spoon bending Israeli had previously sued Nintendo for their use of a Pokemon that was inspired by him.
'2001' monolith in Utah has now disappeared
11-30-2020
The mysterious monolith found in the Utah desert has now been inexplicably removed by 'an unknown party'.
Did a 9th planet 'escape' billions of years ago ?
11-29-2020
Scientists have found evidence to suggest that another world once existed between Uranus and Saturn.
Neanderthals used their thumbs differently
11-29-2020
A new study has revealed that Neanderthals had thumbs that were much better suited for power gripping.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball