Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Have you ever lived in a haunted house, spotted a UFO, captured something unusual on camera or otherwise had a brush with the mysterious ? If so then we want to hear from you - please post your story up on our forum's Stories & Experiences section. Not registered ? You can create a free account - here.

Devil man in a suit

Posted on 10-26-2019 | Comment icon 14 comments

By: Christina | Location: Ohio

Image Credit: CC BY-SA 4.0 LuxAmber
When I was around 12 years old my cousin and I were playing outside of her house. It was a summer day and her mom n dad were having a cookout, so there were a few people there. Everyone was outside in the backyard at the time and we ran into the house to grab some toys to take out.

While running through the living room we both looked over and on her couch was a man in a suit with a top hat on. Neither one of us said a word to each other before running out screaming for someone to come get the guy out.

We both had this feeling that he was the devil, it's hard to explain exactly why but he reminds me of the old creepy guy in the movie Poltergeist. When everyone ran inside of course no one was there and he was gone. He didn't say anything or do anything but he just looked at both of us right in the eyes. He was pale white kind of color but didn't have a texture like skin does. He was wearing a black 3 piece suit. I can not remember any specific facial features.
As I have gotten older I have heard other stories of people saying they saw the devil. I usually start off by asking what did he look like and when they give the same description I can't help but wonder why do we all think it's the devil and not just an evil man or entity in a suit.

I know over the years there are many more sightings of this type of figure and I'm curious if anyone else has seen the same man? I don't really believe in coincidences but I do think it's odd that Slenderman and the Hat Man resembles this guy as well.

I know its not only children who has seen him and I haven't found any certain pattern to the phenomena.

Comments (14)

Next story >>
Birthday balloon

Comment icon #5 Posted by MissJatti on 27 October, 2019, 12:19
How old was you when you watched Poltergeist
Comment icon #6 Posted by tortugabob on 12 December, 2019, 23:24
Obviously ole Honest Abe's ghost.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Scholar4Truth on 14 December, 2019, 1:20
The picture in the article reminds me of Slender Man.
Comment icon #8 Posted by openozy on 14 December, 2019, 2:14
I've seen what people call Hatman on two occasions,trenchcoat,fedora hat.The figure had a darkness but was not black and you could make out the face,like a hard old time gangster.I saw this very close up.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Not A Rockstar on 14 December, 2019, 2:49
So you are saying I am mistaken and this was the Hat Man for sure? There are many apparitions which show as being a male, with a black or dark suit and a hat. Not all of them are Hat Man, but some people assume they are because it wears a hat. My point was to do more research, before the writer decides what it was and who it was that was seen. In Vodou, alone, there are nearly a dozen Barons who often do wear hats. They wear black and can present as Black, white or French, for one example. The trench coat infers something else, but, anyway... Regarding the Hat Man, yes, up close, features can ... [More]
Comment icon #10 Posted by openozy on 14 December, 2019, 6:48
That sounds more like it,not
Comment icon #11 Posted by Not A Rockstar on 14 December, 2019, 8:10
I am not going to debate with you, Ozy. I don't care to split hairs about it.  "very dark, shadow integrally" different from "solid black", indeed. I have never seen a light or white or pale white shadow. Apparently, you have, so tell the OP all about it.  Good night.
Comment icon #12 Posted by openozy on 14 December, 2019, 8:59
Where did I say I saw a white,pale shadow?How about you tell the OP about ink man lol.
Comment icon #13 Posted by ShanL on 29 February, 2020, 23:39
I completely believe you that it was the devil. Has anything special happened in your life since that encounter?
Comment icon #14 Posted by Kittens Are Jerks on 1 March, 2020, 14:01
How on earth do people jump to such inane conclusions? If a pale man wearing a suit and top hat was sitting on my sofa, I'd call the police, not a priest.

Grim reaper-like visitation