Thursday, February 23, 2017

Telekinetic girl prank video goes viral

Posted on Wednesday, 9 October, 2013 | Comment icon 35 comments

The stunt terrified customers who had no idea what was happening. Image Credit: YouTube / CarrieNYC
A video showing a girl throwing a man against a wall with her mental powers has been circulating the web.
In the video, a man in a coffee shop accidentally spills his drink over a young woman who is working on her computer. Turning on the culprit, she raises her hand in the air and the man is physically thrown backwards across the room and pinned against the wall. Horrified onlookers gasp in terror as the girl proceeds to slide all the tables across the room and then screams so hard that all the paintings fall off the walls.

Far from being a genuine recording of psychic phenomena however the video is actually a stunt set up to help promote the new remake of the movie Carrie based on the Stephen King novel. A special pulley system was rigged up to hoist the man in to the air while all the people sitting around the girl are actors. Only the hapless customers who witness the ordeal have no idea what is going on.

The stunt is the latest in a long line of convincing pranks that have left innocent bystanders shocked and confused. Some argue that stunts designed to scare people should be avoided due to the potential to give someone a heart attack while others dismiss such concerns, instead seeing them as little more than harmless pranks.

Source: CNET | Comments (35)

Tags: Carrie, Telekinesis

Comment icon #26 Posted by baro67 on 10 October, 2013, 19:27
a person with telekinetic powers so developed would make the happiness of scientists ...After a scene like that surely would be interned and dissected lol
Comment icon #27 Posted by Uncle Sam on 11 October, 2013, 4:41
To be honest, if I had telekinetic powers like that... I would make people think places are haunted just for fun. Of course I could also use it to stop people in their tracks, like lift them off the ground to give them no traction, come in handy when it comes to subduing thieves or murders. I doubt I would want to test the power of stopping bullets though... that is a rather large gamble or if I want to do it subtle, put pressure on them to hold them on the ground, making it where they can't move.
Comment icon #28 Posted by Realm on 11 October, 2013, 6:57
I like how most hung around, till she started screaming, then I supposed they thought all hell was fixing to break lose and they run.
Comment icon #29 Posted by Realm on 11 October, 2013, 7:02
I'm amazed no-one pulled a gun out and took a shot at her. She was too good looking to shoot. Now if it had been my mother-in-law.....
Comment icon #30 Posted by Moon Gazer on 11 October, 2013, 13:36
Haha, this is absolutely awesome. I'm pretty sure I would have freaked out too.
Comment icon #31 Posted by rashore on 11 October, 2013, 15:41
Neat hoax. But I have to say, I don't think I would have bought into it if I had been there. I would have assumed it was a filming stunt, mostly because stuff like that just does not happen and because it wasn't very good acting. It probably would have startled me at first though.
Comment icon #32 Posted by Lesionia on 11 October, 2013, 17:53
rotflmfao it was a good prank, but they really should have covered where the pulley was some how. Those people were terrified!
Comment icon #33 Posted by Duchess Gummybuns on 15 October, 2013, 17:54
Not really paranormal, but still funny as Hell to watch.
Comment icon #34 Posted by Ryu on 18 October, 2013, 11:53
WAY too overdone in my view. Especially that stupid screaming. Cliche and overused. Honestly I was not impressed, just annoyed at the cheesy acting. Yeah, it was nice how they hid the mechanisms for making the pictures fall off the wall and stuff but it was kind of cheesy right from the beginning.
Comment icon #35 Posted by Hazzard on 5 January, 2014, 18:37
We see these all the time, usually involving some seriously fake ghost. This one is pretty convincing, and I would have thought... Well mmmaaayybbeee. It was in NYC too. Sorry I missed it. http://gizmodo.com/w.../full (Gizmodo) That was awesome.

7 Earth-sized worlds found around nearby star
2-22-2017
NASA has announced the discovery of seven new planets including three within their star's habitable zone.
Scientists finally solve 'ketchup problem'
2-22-2017
It's a question that has puzzled mankind for years - how do you get every drop of sauce out of the bottle?
Amazing 'fire rainbow' spotted over Singapore
2-22-2017
The breathtaking natural phenomenon was photographed by dozens of people on Monday afternoon.
Mystery surrounds Europe radiation spike
2-21-2017
An unexplained spike in radiation was picked up across a number of European countries last month.
Featured book

By Guy Lyon Playfair
A look at the story of Peggy Hodgson and her four children who, between 1977 and 1979, were at the center of one of the most terrifying poltergeist cases ever documented.
Giant horse conch
Posted 2-22-2017 | 1 comment
A huge conch makes light work of a tulip snail which fails to make its escape.

Water on the Moon
Posted 2-21-2017 | 6 comments
For a long time scientists thought the Moon was bone dry, but as it turns out - it isn't.

'Spider Boy' contortionist
Posted 2-20-2017 | 2 comments
Teenager Mohammed Alsheikh performed 38 full body spins while maintaining a chest stand.

Slow motion football explosion
Posted 2-19-2017 | 0 comments
What happens when you over-inflate a football ? The Slo Mo Guys investigate.

Long-term space travel and isolation
Posted 2-18-2017 | 1 comment
Not everyone is cut out for the isolation of traveling long distances through space.

Saved by a stranger

1-6-2017 | Southern California

Floating tiles
1-6-2017 | Chewelah, Washington

A haunting in Northern California
12-28-2016 | Northern California

Strange creature in South Africa
12-28-2016 | South Africa, Hoedspruit.