Friday, January 20, 2017

Telekinetic girl prank video goes viral

Posted on Wednesday, 9 October, 2013 | Comment icon 35 comments

The stunt terrified customers who had no idea what was happening. Image Credit: YouTube / CarrieNYC
A video showing a girl throwing a man against a wall with her mental powers has been circulating the web.
In the video, a man in a coffee shop accidentally spills his drink over a young woman who is working on her computer. Turning on the culprit, she raises her hand in the air and the man is physically thrown backwards across the room and pinned against the wall. Horrified onlookers gasp in terror as the girl proceeds to slide all the tables across the room and then screams so hard that all the paintings fall off the walls.

Far from being a genuine recording of psychic phenomena however the video is actually a stunt set up to help promote the new remake of the movie Carrie based on the Stephen King novel. A special pulley system was rigged up to hoist the man in to the air while all the people sitting around the girl are actors. Only the hapless customers who witness the ordeal have no idea what is going on.

The stunt is the latest in a long line of convincing pranks that have left innocent bystanders shocked and confused. Some argue that stunts designed to scare people should be avoided due to the potential to give someone a heart attack while others dismiss such concerns, instead seeing them as little more than harmless pranks.

Source: CNET | Comments (35)

Tags: Carrie, Telekinesis

Comment icon #26 Posted by baro67 on 10 October, 2013, 19:27
a person with telekinetic powers so developed would make the happiness of scientists ...After a scene like that surely would be interned and dissected lol
Comment icon #27 Posted by Uncle Sam on 11 October, 2013, 4:41
To be honest, if I had telekinetic powers like that... I would make people think places are haunted just for fun. Of course I could also use it to stop people in their tracks, like lift them off the ground to give them no traction, come in handy when it comes to subduing thieves or murders. I doubt I would want to test the power of stopping bullets though... that is a rather large gamble or if I want to do it subtle, put pressure on them to hold them on the ground, making it where they can't move.
Comment icon #28 Posted by Realm on 11 October, 2013, 6:57
I like how most hung around, till she started screaming, then I supposed they thought all hell was fixing to break lose and they run.
Comment icon #29 Posted by Realm on 11 October, 2013, 7:02
I'm amazed no-one pulled a gun out and took a shot at her. She was too good looking to shoot. Now if it had been my mother-in-law.....
Comment icon #30 Posted by Moon Gazer on 11 October, 2013, 13:36
Haha, this is absolutely awesome. I'm pretty sure I would have freaked out too.
Comment icon #31 Posted by rashore on 11 October, 2013, 15:41
Neat hoax. But I have to say, I don't think I would have bought into it if I had been there. I would have assumed it was a filming stunt, mostly because stuff like that just does not happen and because it wasn't very good acting. It probably would have startled me at first though.
Comment icon #32 Posted by Lesionia on 11 October, 2013, 17:53
rotflmfao it was a good prank, but they really should have covered where the pulley was some how. Those people were terrified!
Comment icon #33 Posted by Duchess Gummybuns on 15 October, 2013, 17:54
Not really paranormal, but still funny as Hell to watch.
Comment icon #34 Posted by Ryu on 18 October, 2013, 11:53
WAY too overdone in my view. Especially that stupid screaming. Cliche and overused. Honestly I was not impressed, just annoyed at the cheesy acting. Yeah, it was nice how they hid the mechanisms for making the pictures fall off the wall and stuff but it was kind of cheesy right from the beginning.
Comment icon #35 Posted by Hazzard on 5 January, 2014, 18:37
We see these all the time, usually involving some seriously fake ghost. This one is pretty convincing, and I would have thought... Well mmmaaayybbeee. It was in NYC too. Sorry I missed it. http://gizmodo.com/w.../full (Gizmodo) That was awesome.

Sea levels could rise by 30ft, study warns
1-20-2017
Scientists have warned that global sea levels could continue to rise over the coming decades.
Namibia fairy circle mystery solved at last ?
1-19-2017
Ecologists believe that they may have finally solved the mystery behind Namibia's mysterious circles.
Yellow-haired moth named after Donald Trump
1-19-2017
A new species of tiny moth with a wingspan of just 0.4 inches has been named after the President-elect.
60% of primate species are facing extinction
1-18-2017
A worrying new study has shown just how vulnerable many of the world's primate species actually are.
Featured book

By Toryn Chapman
Campbell Mackenzie is a successful lawyer with occasional feelings of déjà vu. There's just one problem, though - it's not déjà vu.
A colorful 'landing' on Pluto
Posted 1-20-2017 | 0 comments
This NASA movie explores would it might be like to land on the dwarf planet Pluto.

The future of warfare
Posted 1-19-2017 | 2 comments
Drone armies and laser cannons may become increasingly common in the near future.

Kowloon Walled City
Posted 1-18-2017 | 1 comment
A look at what was once the most densely populated area on the surface of the planet.

Marshmallows in a vacuum
Posted 1-16-2017 | 2 comments
What happens to a pile of marshmallows when all the air is removed ?

Fighting fire with fire
Posted 1-15-2017 | 0 comments
Adam Savage learns whether it is possible to use fire (or the sound of fire) to put out fire.

Phantom vehicle
1-6-2017 | Ramer, United States

True ghost stories
1-6-2017 | Southern California

Floating tiles
1-6-2017 | Chewelah, Washington

A haunting in Northern California
12-28-2016 | Northern California

Strange creature in South Africa
12-28-2016 | South Africa, Hoedspruit.

A 15-year-old predicted my future!
12-21-2016 | Katherine, Australia

The haunted pond
12-21-2016 | Essex, Ontario, Canada

The haunted hospital
12-28-2016 | New Plymouth, New Zealand

Loud crash in the night
12-17-2016 | Pennsylvania

Mysterious woman in a blue dress
12-17-2016 | Northern Ireland