Saturday, April 29, 2017

Clairvoyant purchases 'psychic cat' in Russia

Posted on Sunday, 29 January, 2017 | Comment icon 14 comments

News of the mysterious moggy has gone viral in Russia. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Airwolfhound
Owner Dmitry R ended up selling the metaphysical feline after it's 'abilities' drove him up the wall.
Dmitry had allegedly inherited the cat - which goes by the name 'Charles Utkins' - from his aunt when she died, however it wasn't long before he became aware that something was amiss.

"The doors to the rooms were closed, and the cat, shut away elsewhere, suddenly appears in the room from behind closed doors, although nobody let him go," he said.

"He reads minds, but the worst thing - he inspires thoughts. And these thoughts will be fulfilled, they are impossible to resist. He made me go shopping and buy what he needed."

"Before I met Utkins I... did not believe in supernatural things. But this creature managed to inspire me to thoughts and shame me to do what I do not want to do."

Fortunately, though, a solution to the problem would soon present itself in the form of a 'witch' from Novosibirsk who had heard about the cat and offered to buy it for the grand sum of $84,000.

"She is a clairvoyant, and came with all her paraphernalia," said Dmitry. "She closed the cat in the room, and then rapidly decided to buy it. She is strictly against journalists, so I cannot name her."

As for Utkins himself - it is understand that he has since become a part of her seances.

Whether or not he is still getting up to the same old tricks however remains unknown.

Source: Siberian Times | Comments (14)

Tags: Psychic, Cat, Russia

Comment icon #5 Posted by Stiff on 29 January, 2017, 18:13
Now why doesn't that surprise me?
Comment icon #6 Posted by papageorge1 on 29 January, 2017, 18:23
Because of my open yet critical mind.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Stiff on 29 January, 2017, 18:26
The paraphernalia is ready and waiting
Comment icon #8 Posted by highdesert50 on 30 January, 2017, 2:37
No, honestly, it's not my fault, the cat made me do it ...
Comment icon #9 Posted by Ad Astra Per Alas Porci on 30 January, 2017, 11:04
Cats are not supposed to be a domesticated species as the Toxoplasma gondii parasite plays all sorts of tricks with the mind. The main issue is that the severity has not been publicised on a mass scale as we don't yet know the true damage to us on exposure though there are various neurological studies that identifies the parasites prescence in humans.
Comment icon #10 Posted by MJNYC on 30 January, 2017, 15:23
I really did LOL. I just hope the kitty is ok. Yes, the cat made him go buy him tons of toys, treats, food, beds and scratching posts. Hmmmm, I guess my cat wins the psychic ability award because she has more "stuff" than I do! Dogs have owners; cats have staff.
Comment icon #11 Posted by little_dreamer on 31 January, 2017, 0:23
Someone had a lot of money they needed to get rid of?
Comment icon #12 Posted by papageorge1 on 31 January, 2017, 2:49
Can you possibly supply what lost you?
Comment icon #13 Posted by brlesq1 on 31 January, 2017, 3:17
It sounds like somebody just didn't want a cat anymore, but didn't want to simply dump it. Otherwise, it's interesting--X-Cat, perhaps? Or maybe a personification of Heinlein's "The Cat Who Walked Through Walls"? Pretty kitty, though.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Calibeliever on 31 January, 2017, 17:51
Paranoid delusions perhaps? Cats can be trippy.

Distant 'ice ball' exoplanet discovered
4-28-2017
Scientists have announced the discovery of a freezing Earth-mass world 13,000 light years away.
DNA of prehistoric humans found in caves
4-28-2017
Scientists have found a way to identify extinct species of human by analyzing the sediment inside caves.
Bermuda Triangle 'bubbles' theory debunked
4-28-2017
Physicist Helen Czerski has cast doubt on one of the most popular theories about the Bermuda Triangle.
Giant spider webs cover field in New Zealand
4-27-2017
Fascinating new footage has emerged online showing an entire field engulfed by a huge expanse of cobwebs.
Gliding leaf frogs
Posted 4-28-2017 | 0 comments
These remarkable amphibians use their webbed feet to help them glide through the air.

Venus flytrap anemone
Posted 4-27-2017 | 0 comments
A look at one particularly unusual creature which lives down at the bottom of the ocean.

Lightning seen from space
Posted 4-26-2017 | 0 comments
Astronaut Thomas Pesquet captured this footage from the International Space Station.

Slo Mo Guys Inception
Posted 4-25-2017 | 0 comments
Gav and Dan attempt to recreate a scene from Inception involving a bath of cold water.

Boiling water meets freezing air
Posted 4-24-2017 | 1 comment
A look at what happens when you throw boiling water out in to the freezing Russian winter air.

Is the Boar Man real ?
4-26-2017 | Wichita Mountains, Oklahoma

Possessed boom box 1988
4-26-2017 | Santa Ana

Grandpa's visit
4-14-2017 | Portugal

Mysterious dog
4-14-2017 | Utah

A night to remember
4-14-2017 | Philippines

Am I going crazy ?
3-30-2017 | South Africa

Sleep paralysis or my father ?
3-30-2017 | Los Angeles