Thursday, October 19, 2017

Clairvoyant purchases 'psychic cat' in Russia

Posted on Sunday, 29 January, 2017 | Comment icon 14 comments

News of the mysterious moggy has gone viral in Russia. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Airwolfhound
Owner Dmitry R ended up selling the metaphysical feline after it's 'abilities' drove him up the wall.
Dmitry had allegedly inherited the cat - which goes by the name 'Charles Utkins' - from his aunt when she died, however it wasn't long before he became aware that something was amiss.

"The doors to the rooms were closed, and the cat, shut away elsewhere, suddenly appears in the room from behind closed doors, although nobody let him go," he said.

"He reads minds, but the worst thing - he inspires thoughts. And these thoughts will be fulfilled, they are impossible to resist. He made me go shopping and buy what he needed."

"Before I met Utkins I... did not believe in supernatural things. But this creature managed to inspire me to thoughts and shame me to do what I do not want to do."

Fortunately, though, a solution to the problem would soon present itself in the form of a 'witch' from Novosibirsk who had heard about the cat and offered to buy it for the grand sum of $84,000.

"She is a clairvoyant, and came with all her paraphernalia," said Dmitry. "She closed the cat in the room, and then rapidly decided to buy it. She is strictly against journalists, so I cannot name her."

As for Utkins himself - it is understand that he has since become a part of her seances.

Whether or not he is still getting up to the same old tricks however remains unknown.

Source: Siberian Times | Comments (14)

Tags: Psychic, Cat, Russia

Comment icon #5 Posted by Stiff on 29 January, 2017, 18:13
Now why doesn't that surprise me?
Comment icon #6 Posted by papageorge1 on 29 January, 2017, 18:23
Because of my open yet critical mind.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Stiff on 29 January, 2017, 18:26
The paraphernalia is ready and waiting
Comment icon #8 Posted by highdesert50 on 30 January, 2017, 2:37
No, honestly, it's not my fault, the cat made me do it ...
Comment icon #9 Posted by Ad Astra Per Alas Porci on 30 January, 2017, 11:04
Cats are not supposed to be a domesticated species as the Toxoplasma gondii parasite plays all sorts of tricks with the mind. The main issue is that the severity has not been publicised on a mass scale as we don't yet know the true damage to us on exposure though there are various neurological studies that identifies the parasites prescence in humans.
Comment icon #10 Posted by MJNYC on 30 January, 2017, 15:23
I really did LOL. I just hope the kitty is ok.   Yes, the cat made him go buy him tons of toys, treats, food, beds and scratching posts.  Hmmmm, I guess my cat wins the psychic ability award because she has more "stuff" than I do!  Dogs have owners; cats have staff.
Comment icon #11 Posted by little_dreamer on 31 January, 2017, 0:23
Someone had a lot of money they needed to get rid of?
Comment icon #12 Posted by papageorge1 on 31 January, 2017, 2:49
Can you possibly supply what lost you?
Comment icon #13 Posted by brlesq1 on 31 January, 2017, 3:17
It sounds like somebody just didn't want a cat anymore, but didn't want to simply dump it. Otherwise, it's interesting--X-Cat, perhaps? Or maybe a personification of Heinlein's "The Cat Who Walked Through Walls"? Pretty kitty, though.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Calibeliever on 31 January, 2017, 17:51
Paranoid delusions perhaps? Cats can be trippy.

Space Exploration, Spaceflight and Astronomy
  Is there a center of the universe?
  I Wonder What The Universe Really Looks Like
  Age of the Universe
 Stories, Sightings & Experiences
  Random blood spots
  Ghost playing with a balloon?
  Kundalini
Google invents an AI that learns on its own
10-18-2017
The search giant has developed an artificial intelligence capable of learning without human intervention.
Saturn's rings are raining down methane
10-18-2017
NASA has revealed the discovery of methane and other chemicals in the gas giant's upper atmosphere.
48 million-year-old bird fossil unearthed
10-18-2017
A prehistoric species of bird that preened itself like a flamingo has been discovered in Germany.
Bolsover Castle is voted 'England's spookiest'
10-17-2017
Built on an ancient burial ground, Bolsover Castle in Derbyshire has a reputation for being haunted.
Recreating your face from DNA
Posted 10-18-2017 | 0 comments
Is it possible to determine someone's appearance from a sample of their DNA ?

Schlieren imaging in color
Posted 10-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at Schlieren imaging - a technique that can help to visualize tiny differences in air.

Glowing creatures of the deep
Posted 10-15-2017 | 0 comments
This vintage clip sees Sir David Attenborough descending in to the dark depths of the sea.

Slow motion pellet split
Posted 10-14-2017 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt to split an air gun pellet with a knife to pop two balloons.

Dog with world's longest tongue
Posted 10-12-2017 | 2 comments
Meet Mochi Rickert - a female St Bernard with a tongue measuring 18.58 cm in length.

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom

Ghost playing with a balloon?
10-18-2017 | Australia

Impossible phone call
10-18-2017 | West Virginia

Seeing cats
10-18-2017 | Santa Rosa

Fourth of July UFO show
10-18-2017 | Hillsboro ND

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland