Sunday, December 11, 2016

UFO spotted near UK naval base

Posted on Saturday, 3 May, 2014 | Comment icon 21 comments

At least five people are known to have witnessed the object. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Jason Rogers
Several people witnessed an unidentified object in the skies over Portreath on the night of April 27th.
The object passed overhead at around 11pm and generated several reports by residents who described it as "quite large" and "triangular" in shape. A Cornwall based UFO research group has been appealing for more witnesses to come forward.

"It had a lot of white lights at the front but none that I could see at the back," said group founder Dave Gillham who also saw the object. "It came from the Porthreath area and very slowly and quieter than a helicopter or plane [and] headed towards Helston."

One witness who tried to take footage of the object as it passed above her reported that the video she'd captured had been mysteriously wiped from her phone.

The triangular craft was last seen heading in the direction of the nearby RNAS Culdrose naval base.

Source: West Briton | Comments (21)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #12 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 17:05
I didn't think Mr H generally was skeptical? He was poking fun at my spelling in my signature. I spelled too with one o. Obviously that was more amusing to him then the stealth blimp.Yes Z I'm a little skepty. It helps separate the chaff from the wheat. But not so extreme that I take some wheat with the chaff. Surely you can appreciate that.
Comment icon #13 Posted by zoser on 4 May, 2014, 17:08
He was poking fun at my spelling in my signature. I spelled too with one o. Obviously that was more amusing to him then the stealth blimp. Yes Z I'm a little skepty. It helps separate the chaff from the wheat. But not so extreme that I take some wheat with the chaff. Surely you can appreciate that. Go for it Mr H UM needs a rich and diverse mixture of folk! You are a welcome member of the UM family.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 17:15
You are a welcome member of the UM family. I'm sure there are those that beg to differ with you. You know how these debates can go.
Comment icon #15 Posted by smokeycat on 4 May, 2014, 17:26
He was poking fun at my spelling in my signature. I spelled too with one o. Obviously that was more amusing to him then the stealth blimp. Yes Z I'm a little skepty. It helps separate the chaff from the wheat. But not so extreme that I take some wheat with the chaff. Surely you can appreciate that. No, stealth blimps are hilarious. Only joking... Sorry if I upset you. I love what it says in your signature but the misspelling took the shine off it that's all. Shall we shake hands and move on?
Comment icon #16 Posted by Yes_Man on 4 May, 2014, 18:19
How about a Sea King helicopter, theres one i have seen with dome on the side, could be used in search and rescue or radar.
Comment icon #17 Posted by DONTEATUS on 4 May, 2014, 18:35
Come on now ! Thats gotta be a "Z' pencil drawing ! We know he`s trying to win that artist job in the back of the popular mechimaniaics mag right?
Comment icon #18 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 21:37
Comment icon #19 Posted by smokeycat on 4 May, 2014, 21:45
After 24 years after Bentwaters, they're back looking for Penniston and Halt. Didn't Penniston say they were time travelers from our distant future? 34 years wasn't it?
Comment icon #20 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 23:09
34 years wasn't it? My bad. You're correct. I must say Bentwaters was a compelling case with the type of eyewitness testimony. They weren't no rednecks from the backwoods making that claim.
Comment icon #21 Posted by smokeycat on 5 May, 2014, 0:59
My bad. You're correct. I must say Bentwaters was a compelling case with the type of eyewitness testimony. They weren't no rednecks from the backwoods making that claim. Yes, you are right, very compelling. Definitely more to it than a misidentification of a nearby lighthouse, which I think is very patronising to the serving personnel that served there.

Face of Robert the Bruce has been revealed
12-10-2016
Scientists have put together a reconstruction of what the famous Scottish king would have looked like.
It is possible to taste garlic with your feet
12-10-2016
A bizarre science experiment has shown that you don't need to actually eat garlic in order to taste it.
What would a talking monkey sound like ?
12-10-2016
Scientists at Princeton University have simulated what an English-speaking macaque would sound like.
New Rendlesham UFO witness comes forward
12-9-2016
A former security police officer has described the object he witnessed that night as 'not of this world'.
Featured book

By Toryn Chapman
Campbell Mackenzie is a successful lawyer with occasional feelings of déjà vu. There's just one problem, though - it's not déjà vu.
World's largest Rube Goldberg machine
Posted 12-10-2016 | 1 comment
This ludicrously convoluted contraption was used to turn on Christmas tree lights.

Why do some coins have ridges ?
Posted 12-9-2016 | 2 comments
What is the purpose of the ridges found around the edges of some coins ?

Exploding 6ft water balloon in slow motion
Posted 12-8-2016 | 1 comment
The Slo Mo Guys film what happens when you sit inside a giant exploding water balloon.

What happens when you swallow gum ?
Posted 12-7-2016 | 3 comments
Ever swallowed a piece of chewing gum by accident ? Here's what happens.

Indestructible coating ?
Posted 12-6-2016 | 5 comments
A look at polyurea, an elastomer that can make objects extremely difficult to damage.

Not my daughter