Wednesday, July 27, 2016

UFO spotted near UK naval base

Posted on Saturday, 3 May, 2014 | Comment icon 21 comments

At least five people are known to have witnessed the object. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Jason Rogers
Several people witnessed an unidentified object in the skies over Portreath on the night of April 27th.
The object passed overhead at around 11pm and generated several reports by residents who described it as "quite large" and "triangular" in shape. A Cornwall based UFO research group has been appealing for more witnesses to come forward.

"It had a lot of white lights at the front but none that I could see at the back," said group founder Dave Gillham who also saw the object. "It came from the Porthreath area and very slowly and quieter than a helicopter or plane [and] headed towards Helston."

One witness who tried to take footage of the object as it passed above her reported that the video she'd captured had been mysteriously wiped from her phone.

The triangular craft was last seen heading in the direction of the nearby RNAS Culdrose naval base.

Source: West Briton | Comments (21)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #12 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 17:05
I didn't think Mr H generally was skeptical? He was poking fun at my spelling in my signature. I spelled too with one o. Obviously that was more amusing to him then the stealth blimp.Yes Z I'm a little skepty. It helps separate the chaff from the wheat. But not so extreme that I take some wheat with the chaff. Surely you can appreciate that.
Comment icon #13 Posted by zoser on 4 May, 2014, 17:08
He was poking fun at my spelling in my signature. I spelled too with one o. Obviously that was more amusing to him then the stealth blimp. Yes Z I'm a little skepty. It helps separate the chaff from the wheat. But not so extreme that I take some wheat with the chaff. Surely you can appreciate that. Go for it Mr H UM needs a rich and diverse mixture of folk! You are a welcome member of the UM family.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 17:15
You are a welcome member of the UM family. I'm sure there are those that beg to differ with you. You know how these debates can go.
Comment icon #15 Posted by smokeycat on 4 May, 2014, 17:26
He was poking fun at my spelling in my signature. I spelled too with one o. Obviously that was more amusing to him then the stealth blimp. Yes Z I'm a little skepty. It helps separate the chaff from the wheat. But not so extreme that I take some wheat with the chaff. Surely you can appreciate that. No, stealth blimps are hilarious. Only joking... Sorry if I upset you. I love what it says in your signature but the misspelling took the shine off it that's all. Shall we shake hands and move on?
Comment icon #16 Posted by Yes_Man on 4 May, 2014, 18:19
How about a Sea King helicopter, theres one i have seen with dome on the side, could be used in search and rescue or radar.
Comment icon #17 Posted by DONTEATUS on 4 May, 2014, 18:35
Come on now ! Thats gotta be a "Z' pencil drawing ! We know he`s trying to win that artist job in the back of the popular mechimaniaics mag right?
Comment icon #18 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 21:37
Comment icon #19 Posted by smokeycat on 4 May, 2014, 21:45
After 24 years after Bentwaters, they're back looking for Penniston and Halt. Didn't Penniston say they were time travelers from our distant future? 34 years wasn't it?
Comment icon #20 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 23:09
34 years wasn't it? My bad. You're correct. I must say Bentwaters was a compelling case with the type of eyewitness testimony. They weren't no rednecks from the backwoods making that claim.
Comment icon #21 Posted by smokeycat on 5 May, 2014, 0:59
My bad. You're correct. I must say Bentwaters was a compelling case with the type of eyewitness testimony. They weren't no rednecks from the backwoods making that claim. Yes, you are right, very compelling. Definitely more to it than a misidentification of a nearby lighthouse, which I think is very patronising to the serving personnel that served there.

This year's global warming is off the charts
7-27-2016
Climate scientists have expressed concern over the record-breaking temperatures seen so far this year.
White whale Migaloo spotted near Queensland
7-27-2016
Migaloo, one of only four known white humpbacks in existence, has surfaced once again near Australia.
Mystery surrounds missing craters on Ceres
7-26-2016
Scientists have been attempting to determine why the dwarf planet Ceres has no large craters at all.
Cockroach milk: the future's health drink ?
7-26-2016
New research suggests that cockroaches produce milk that is three times more nutritious than cow's milk.
Following the Oregon Trail
Posted 7-27-2016 | 1 comment
A look back at Narcissa Whitman - the first woman to complete the Oregon Trail.

Walking over light bulbs
Posted 7-26-2016 | 2 comments
This skilled Chinese woman succeeds in walking across light bulbs for 20 meters.

Are great leaders born or made ?
Posted 7-25-2016 | 7 comments
What does it take to be a great leader and how does one go about accomplishing that ?

Real-life Pokemon
Posted 7-24-2016 | 1 comment
Are there any animals in the real world that could be considered actual real-life Pokemon ?

Trans-Atlantic solar powered flight
Posted 7-23-2016 | 0 comments
A look at Solar Impulse 2, the aircraft that crossed the Atlantic using the power of the sun.

Light in Orion
7-23-2016 | Tampa, Florida

Girl with the broken neck
7-23-2016 | Mississippi

Holes in cotton clothing
7-23-2016 | Somerset, UK

Three knocks in the night
6-28-2016 | Cedar City, Utah