Saturday, November 18, 2017

UFO spotted near UK naval base

Posted on Saturday, 3 May, 2014 | Comment icon 21 comments

At least five people are known to have witnessed the object. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Jason Rogers
Several people witnessed an unidentified object in the skies over Portreath on the night of April 27th.
The object passed overhead at around 11pm and generated several reports by residents who described it as "quite large" and "triangular" in shape. A Cornwall based UFO research group has been appealing for more witnesses to come forward.

"It had a lot of white lights at the front but none that I could see at the back," said group founder Dave Gillham who also saw the object. "It came from the Porthreath area and very slowly and quieter than a helicopter or plane [and] headed towards Helston."

One witness who tried to take footage of the object as it passed above her reported that the video she'd captured had been mysteriously wiped from her phone.

The triangular craft was last seen heading in the direction of the nearby RNAS Culdrose naval base.

Source: West Briton | Comments (21)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #12 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 17:05
I didn't think Mr H generally was skeptical? He was poking fun at my spelling in my signature. I spelled too with one o. Obviously that was more amusing to him then the stealth blimp.Yes Z I'm a little skepty. It helps separate the chaff from the wheat. But not so extreme that I take some wheat with the chaff. Surely you can appreciate that.
Comment icon #13 Posted by zoser on 4 May, 2014, 17:08
He was poking fun at my spelling in my signature. I spelled too with one o. Obviously that was more amusing to him then the stealth blimp. Yes Z I'm a little skepty. It helps separate the chaff from the wheat. But not so extreme that I take some wheat with the chaff. Surely you can appreciate that. Go for it Mr H UM needs a rich and diverse mixture of folk! You are a welcome member of the UM family.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 17:15
You are a welcome member of the UM family. I'm sure there are those that beg to differ with you. You know how these debates can go.
Comment icon #15 Posted by smokeycat on 4 May, 2014, 17:26
He was poking fun at my spelling in my signature. I spelled too with one o. Obviously that was more amusing to him then the stealth blimp. Yes Z I'm a little skepty. It helps separate the chaff from the wheat. But not so extreme that I take some wheat with the chaff. Surely you can appreciate that. No, stealth blimps are hilarious. Only joking... Sorry if I upset you. I love what it says in your signature but the misspelling took the shine off it that's all. Shall we shake hands and move on?
Comment icon #16 Posted by Yes_Man on 4 May, 2014, 18:19
How about a Sea King helicopter, theres one i have seen with dome on the side, could be used in search and rescue or radar.
Comment icon #17 Posted by DONTEATUS on 4 May, 2014, 18:35
Come on now ! Thats gotta be a "Z' pencil drawing ! We know he`s trying to win that artist job in the back of the popular mechimaniaics mag right?
Comment icon #18 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 21:37
Comment icon #19 Posted by smokeycat on 4 May, 2014, 21:45
After 24 years after Bentwaters, they're back looking for Penniston and Halt. Didn't Penniston say they were time travelers from our distant future? 34 years wasn't it?
Comment icon #20 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 23:09
34 years wasn't it? My bad. You're correct. I must say Bentwaters was a compelling case with the type of eyewitness testimony. They weren't no rednecks from the backwoods making that claim.
Comment icon #21 Posted by smokeycat on 5 May, 2014, 0:59
My bad. You're correct. I must say Bentwaters was a compelling case with the type of eyewitness testimony. They weren't no rednecks from the backwoods making that claim. Yes, you are right, very compelling. Definitely more to it than a misidentification of a nearby lighthouse, which I think is very patronising to the serving personnel that served there.

China to build nuclear-powered space shuttle
11-17-2017
The long-term roadmap for China's space program has been revealed by one of its primary contractors.
Skepticism surrounds head transplant success
11-17-2017
Controversial surgeon Sergio Canavero claims that he has performed the first ever human head transplant.
Alien hunters send message to nearby system
11-17-2017
Astronomers are hoping to one day establish contact with an advanced extraterrestrial civilization.
Mystery surrounds $450M da Vinci painting
11-16-2017
The 500-year-old painting, which sold for a record-breaking sum at auction, has a few peculiarities.
What happened to the Library of Alexandria ?
Posted 11-17-2017 | 5 comments
What really happened to the vast wealth of knowledge stored in the ancient library ?

World's largest sticker ball
Posted 11-14-2017 | 1 comment
This enormous ball of stickers contains somewhere in the region of 200,000 stickers.

Caving claustrophobia
Posted 11-10-2017 | 12 comments
A montage of shots from caving in some of the most cramped conditions on Earth.

World's largest reptile zoo
Posted 11-4-2017 | 1 comment
Reptile Gardens in South Dakota has more species of reptile than any other zoo on the planet.

Life in the Arctic wilderness
Posted 11-2-2017 | 1 comment
Reindeer herders of the Arctic circle live out in the wilderness for several months each year.

Strange occurrences
11-15-2017 | Fife

Mysterious music box song
11-15-2017 | U.S.A

Haunted military house
10-23-2017 | New Zealand

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom

Ghost playing with a balloon?
10-18-2017 | Australia

Impossible phone call
10-18-2017 | West Virginia

Seeing cats
10-18-2017 | Santa Rosa

Fourth of July UFO show
10-18-2017 | Hillsboro ND

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa