Wednesday, September 20, 2017

UFO spotted near UK naval base

Posted on Saturday, 3 May, 2014 | Comment icon 21 comments

At least five people are known to have witnessed the object. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Jason Rogers
Several people witnessed an unidentified object in the skies over Portreath on the night of April 27th.
The object passed overhead at around 11pm and generated several reports by residents who described it as "quite large" and "triangular" in shape. A Cornwall based UFO research group has been appealing for more witnesses to come forward.

"It had a lot of white lights at the front but none that I could see at the back," said group founder Dave Gillham who also saw the object. "It came from the Porthreath area and very slowly and quieter than a helicopter or plane [and] headed towards Helston."

One witness who tried to take footage of the object as it passed above her reported that the video she'd captured had been mysteriously wiped from her phone.

The triangular craft was last seen heading in the direction of the nearby RNAS Culdrose naval base.

Source: West Briton | Comments (21)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #12 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 17:05
I didn't think Mr H generally was skeptical? He was poking fun at my spelling in my signature. I spelled too with one o. Obviously that was more amusing to him then the stealth blimp.Yes Z I'm a little skepty. It helps separate the chaff from the wheat. But not so extreme that I take some wheat with the chaff. Surely you can appreciate that.
Comment icon #13 Posted by zoser on 4 May, 2014, 17:08
He was poking fun at my spelling in my signature. I spelled too with one o. Obviously that was more amusing to him then the stealth blimp. Yes Z I'm a little skepty. It helps separate the chaff from the wheat. But not so extreme that I take some wheat with the chaff. Surely you can appreciate that. Go for it Mr H UM needs a rich and diverse mixture of folk! You are a welcome member of the UM family.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 17:15
You are a welcome member of the UM family. I'm sure there are those that beg to differ with you. You know how these debates can go.
Comment icon #15 Posted by smokeycat on 4 May, 2014, 17:26
He was poking fun at my spelling in my signature. I spelled too with one o. Obviously that was more amusing to him then the stealth blimp. Yes Z I'm a little skepty. It helps separate the chaff from the wheat. But not so extreme that I take some wheat with the chaff. Surely you can appreciate that. No, stealth blimps are hilarious. Only joking... Sorry if I upset you. I love what it says in your signature but the misspelling took the shine off it that's all. Shall we shake hands and move on?
Comment icon #16 Posted by Yes_Man on 4 May, 2014, 18:19
How about a Sea King helicopter, theres one i have seen with dome on the side, could be used in search and rescue or radar.
Comment icon #17 Posted by DONTEATUS on 4 May, 2014, 18:35
Come on now ! Thats gotta be a "Z' pencil drawing ! We know he`s trying to win that artist job in the back of the popular mechimaniaics mag right?
Comment icon #18 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 21:37
Comment icon #19 Posted by smokeycat on 4 May, 2014, 21:45
After 24 years after Bentwaters, they're back looking for Penniston and Halt. Didn't Penniston say they were time travelers from our distant future? 34 years wasn't it?
Comment icon #20 Posted by Hawkin on 4 May, 2014, 23:09
34 years wasn't it? My bad. You're correct. I must say Bentwaters was a compelling case with the type of eyewitness testimony. They weren't no rednecks from the backwoods making that claim.
Comment icon #21 Posted by smokeycat on 5 May, 2014, 0:59
My bad. You're correct. I must say Bentwaters was a compelling case with the type of eyewitness testimony. They weren't no rednecks from the backwoods making that claim. Yes, you are right, very compelling. Definitely more to it than a misidentification of a nearby lighthouse, which I think is very patronising to the serving personnel that served there.

Mystery surrounds flushed money in Geneva
9-19-2017
An unknown individual has been flushing thousands of euros down the toilet and nobody knows why.
'Octopus city' found off coast of Australia
9-19-2017
Members of the gloomy octopus species have created their own underwater settlement dubbed 'Octlantis'.
60 ancient shipwrecks found in the Black Sea
9-19-2017
Marine archaeologists unexpectedly stumbled across a goldmine of shipwrecks during a recent expedition.
Italian supervolcano's magma source found
9-18-2017
Scientists have discovered evidence of a 'hot zone' feeding a supervolcano in southern Italy.
Derren Brown and new age crystals
Posted 9-19-2017 | 0 comments
The psychological illusionist is joined by actor Martin Freeman for this remarkable trick.

I'll eat my hat
Posted 9-18-2017 | 0 comments
Where did the strange phrase 'I'll eat my hat' actually come from ?

Meet the microscopic life in your home
Posted 9-17-2017 | 0 comments
Think your home is free of meddlesome microscopic life forms ? Think again.

Are rats friends or foes ?
Posted 9-16-2017 | 3 comments
Rats are certainly not humanity's favorite animals, but just how bad are they really ?

How not to land a rocket booster
Posted 9-15-2017 | 0 comments
It took SpaceX more than a few tries to master the complicated landing process.

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland

Unexplained light flashes
8-30-2017 | Louisiana

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY