Thursday, September 20, 2018

Navy pilot saw object 'not of this world'

Posted on Tuesday, 19 December, 2017 | Comment icon 472 comments

Military pilots make good witnesses of unidentified aerial phenomena. Image Credit: US Air Force
A former Navy pilot has come forward to describe his encounter with a strange object back in 2004.
Mere days after it was revealed that the US government had been funding a secretive UFO investigations program, former squadron leader Cmdr. David Fravor has spoken out about an unidentified object he witnessed during a routine training mission off the coast of California.

The 18-year Navy veteran, whose unit had been sent to investigate, described the object as "tic-tac shaped" and stated that it was around "40 feet long with no wings, just hanging close to the water."

The way it disturbed the water, he noted, was uncharacteristic of any conventional plane or helicopter.

"As I get closer, as my nose is starting to pull back up, it accelerates and it's gone," he told the Washington Post. "Faster than I'd ever seen anything in my life."

"We turn around, say let's go see what's in the water and there's nothing. Just blue water."

Later speaking to ABC News, he said: "I can tell you, I think it was not from this world. I'm not crazy, haven't been drinking. It was - after 18 years of flying, I've seen pretty much about everything that I can see in that realm, and this was nothing close."

Source: TIME.com | Comments (472)

Tags: UFO, Pilot

Comment icon #463 Posted by Fila on 30 May, 2018, 10:45
UFOs are interesting.., so are ghosts and religion. Anecdote is a broad term.., but†yes.., "an interesting story about a real incident or person." You accuse me of lying? Please provide details. You say I am wrong.., but never tell me how. I think you are an internet troll. 1) Provide details please 2) This is an outright lie Stereologist. I am not comfortable with you spreading lies about me around the forum. Please refrain from outright lying about me. Show me. Quote it and post it. Otherwise you are constantly talking utter nonsense as usual. If you continue this pattern.., I have no option... [More]
Comment icon #464 Posted by Fila on 30 May, 2018, 11:08
I have seen "scoffers" like Stereologist make statements about witnesses not seeing an unknown event.., simply because 1†pilot saw a plane. Scoffers will say anything to win an argument, and use "rules" when it suits them. (I.e. pilots are professionals if they see a plane.., but crackpots if they report an unknown object which could be anything). Its automatic dismissal. Very obvious too. Rather than looking into the case and perhaps finding a new discovery like ball lighting.., more time and effort is spent NOT looking into the actual case to see what it could be. This is very obvious bias a... [More]
Comment icon #465 Posted by stereologist on 30 May, 2018, 11:28
I already provided the details. Once again you ignore them. I expect no less from your posts. If you can't remember what you posted then take the time to go back and read your posts. I'm really not interested in posting your glaring mistakes more than once. What is clear is that YOU do not check fact and make up blunders and when told that you are dead wrong you don't seem to care. You have the opportunity to learn so when people point out your blunders you might take the time to ask instead of obstinately continuing on in a fruitless wrong manner as you always seem to do. No. You are definite... [More]
Comment icon #466 Posted by Fila on 30 May, 2018, 11:45
Haha, sorry man. I gotta laugh. I finally figured you out hey. Keep up the lies Stereo.., and whatever you do.., don't go into detail.†As long as you talk loud and repeat yourself I'm sure you will trick someone.† I know the truth.., and I know you do too. †Anyone can click my username.., and review my posts to see the truth.
Comment icon #467 Posted by Kismit on 30 May, 2018, 12:19
3. Behaviour†Please be civil and courteous to other members at all times.
Comment icon #468 Posted by stereologist on 31 May, 2018, 10:50
This topic looks rather dead. It's a story that IIRC was supposed to be followed up by more information from the TTSA, but that has not been the case. I doubt that it will.
Comment icon #469 Posted by Fila on 29 July, 2018, 22:34
I guess this is another cold case that needs to be added to the database. Technically and officially an 'unknown' object. +1 reason for scientific observation.
Comment icon #470 Posted by stereologist on 30 July, 2018, 14:52
It was identified as a distant plane.† Add this to the pile of junk being pushed by the TTSA who are trying to openly make a buck off the believers. There is no official statement here. Some people simply need to read the thread and see that there is NO official statement.
Comment icon #471 Posted by ChrLzs on 30 July, 2018, 22:06
I forget who it was, but someone here said they had donated to TTSA about a year back - I'd love to hear their comments now about how worthwhile that expenditure was... One born†every minute ... (and one more who will take their money off them).
Comment icon #472 Posted by Fila on 30 July, 2018, 22:49
Oh great. I must have missed it. Can you please show me where this was concluded, thank you. I reviewed the last few pages but don't see how you formed this conclusion since then.., or how you can speak with 100% certainty. I think you will need to provide evidence to support your claims from now on. If you cannot provide a sufficient rational, or evidence.., then this post will be proof that you are a liar.., who spams opinions†using language that makes it seem like an official conclusion. Similar posts in the future will automatically be labelled as such.., as you set the precedent on yourse... [More]

Astronomers discover real-life planet Vulcan
9-20-2018
The new planet is located in the same star system as Spock's home world in the 'Star Trek' universe.
Why do we tend to like bees but hate wasps ?
9-19-2018
A new study has revealed that most people seem to appreciate bees but find wasps annoying and dangerous.
HMS Endeavour may have been found in the US
9-19-2018
The final resting place of one of the world's most famous ships has reportedly been found after 240 years.
Group offers $11,700 for proof of superpowers
9-18-2018
The Society for the Scientific Investigation of Para-Sciences is looking for proof that psychic abilities exist.
Treadmill fall in slow motion
Posted 9-17-2018 | 2 comments
The Slo Mo Guys return with another bizarre slow-motion experiment.

Tricking your ears
Posted 9-9-2018 | 0 comments
A look at some intriguing audio illusions and at how the brain interprets sound.

The science of music
Posted 9-5-2018 | 0 comments
A look at why our brains become so hooked on particularly catchy songs.

Swimming with lemon sharks
Posted 8-28-2018 | 1 comment
Steve Backshall gets up close to a group of deadly lemon sharks.

Cousins explained
Posted 8-24-2018 | 4 comments
Exactly what is a third cousin twice removed ? Michael unravels the mystery.

And the shadows smile
8-25-2018 | Deal UK

Disappearing objects
8-12-2018 | Houston TX USA

I dreamt that Austin was destroyed
8-12-2018 | USA / Texas

Demon on my TV screen
8-12-2018 | U.S.

3 knocks, 3 nights...
8-12-2018 | San Fernando Valley, CA

Feeling something strange
8-9-2018 | Sydney, Australia

Dragon sighting in Spring Tx.
8-9-2018 | Spring Texas