Thursday, July 19, 2018

Navy pilot saw object 'not of this world'

Posted on Tuesday, 19 December, 2017 | Comment icon 468 comments

Military pilots make good witnesses of unidentified aerial phenomena. Image Credit: US Air Force
A former Navy pilot has come forward to describe his encounter with a strange object back in 2004.
Mere days after it was revealed that the US government had been funding a secretive UFO investigations program, former squadron leader Cmdr. David Fravor has spoken out about an unidentified object he witnessed during a routine training mission off the coast of California.

The 18-year Navy veteran, whose unit had been sent to investigate, described the object as "tic-tac shaped" and stated that it was around "40 feet long with no wings, just hanging close to the water."

The way it disturbed the water, he noted, was uncharacteristic of any conventional plane or helicopter.

"As I get closer, as my nose is starting to pull back up, it accelerates and it's gone," he told the Washington Post. "Faster than I'd ever seen anything in my life."

"We turn around, say let's go see what's in the water and there's nothing. Just blue water."

Later speaking to ABC News, he said: "I can tell you, I think it was not from this world. I'm not crazy, haven't been drinking. It was - after 18 years of flying, I've seen pretty much about everything that I can see in that realm, and this was nothing close."

Source: TIME.com | Comments (468)

Tags: UFO, Pilot

Comment icon #459 Posted by stereologist on 7 May, 2018, 16:07
Yes it is coincidence. You are making a pretend story to fit what is seen. The Moon used to be a lot closer to Earth. Tides in Devonian times were over 20 times bigger than today. As the Moon recedes from the Earth the eclipses will all be annular eclipses. All I see clicking is fantasy
Comment icon #460 Posted by dwarf vs grey ufo on 7 May, 2018, 16:36
I don't know why he didn't have FLIR it doesn't seem too relevant there is likely some reason. To say what happened in the clip is coming to your own conclusions. You could also say that it's all just an edited clip with a ship photoshopped on. But the story goes that the people who saw that claimed it zoomed off, and they likely have a way of knowing when the FLIR cam zooms in or out. So they would know. Here is link to quotehttp://www.toledoblade.com/local/2018/03/31/Toledo-native-David-Fravor-recalls-close-encounter-with-UFO.html 11th citation. Fravor was contact by Eluziondo and encourage... [More]
Comment icon #461 Posted by stereologist on 7 May, 2018, 17:09
The point is that the video you linked to does not match up with Fravor's statement. I stated what is seen in the video. The zoom increases. Are you denying that? Maybe you need to look at the video. The video speaks for itself. People have analyzed the video and have shown that it did not zoom off. The video is the evidence. It tells us quite clearly there is no zoom off. The information in that link does nothing but make an appeal to authority. Is that all there is? Only Fravor, 1 out of 4, thought it was a UFO. The evidence that the Moon was closer is overwhelming. Just because you don't kn... [More]
Comment icon #462 Posted by stereologist on 7 May, 2018, 17:39
Need to fix a big mistake on my part. Tides during the Devonian were only 7 times higher, not 20 times as I stated above. http://www.miguasha.ca/mig-en/a_devonian_day.php Sorry about that mistake. The fossil evidence is very clear that the Moon has been receding at a steady rate from the Earth for hundreds of million of years. The gray claim is nonsense.
Comment icon #463 Posted by Fila on 30 May, 2018, 10:45
UFOs are interesting.., so are ghosts and religion. Anecdote is a broad term.., butyes.., "an interesting story about a real incident or person." You accuse me of lying? Please provide details. You say I am wrong.., but never tell me how. I think you are an internet troll. 1) Provide details please 2) This is an outright lie Stereologist. I am not comfortable with you spreading lies about me around the forum. Please refrain from outright lying about me. Show me. Quote it and post it. Otherwise you are constantly talking utter nonsense as usual. If you continue this pattern.., I have no option... [More]
Comment icon #464 Posted by Fila on 30 May, 2018, 11:08
I have seen "scoffers" like Stereologist make statements about witnesses not seeing an unknown event.., simply because 1pilot saw a plane. Scoffers will say anything to win an argument, and use "rules" when it suits them. (I.e. pilots are professionals if they see a plane.., but crackpots if they report an unknown object which could be anything). Its automatic dismissal. Very obvious too. Rather than looking into the case and perhaps finding a new discovery like ball lighting.., more time and effort is spent NOT looking into the actual case to see what it could be. This is very obvious bias a... [More]
Comment icon #465 Posted by stereologist on 30 May, 2018, 11:28
I already provided the details. Once again you ignore them. I expect no less from your posts. If you can't remember what you posted then take the time to go back and read your posts. I'm really not interested in posting your glaring mistakes more than once. What is clear is that YOU do not check fact and make up blunders and when told that you are dead wrong you don't seem to care. You have the opportunity to learn so when people point out your blunders you might take the time to ask instead of obstinately continuing on in a fruitless wrong manner as you always seem to do. No. You are definite... [More]
Comment icon #466 Posted by Fila on 30 May, 2018, 11:45
Haha, sorry man. I gotta laugh. I finally figured you out hey. Keep up the lies Stereo.., and whatever you do.., don't go into detail.As long as you talk loud and repeat yourself I'm sure you will trick someone. I know the truth.., and I know you do too. Anyone can click my username.., and review my posts to see the truth.
Comment icon #467 Posted by Kismit on 30 May, 2018, 12:19
3. BehaviourPlease be civil and courteous to other members at all times.
Comment icon #468 Posted by stereologist on 31 May, 2018, 10:50
This topic looks rather dead. It's a story that IIRC was supposed to be followed up by more information from the TTSA, but that has not been the case. I doubt that it will.

Prehistoric baby snake found trapped in amber
7-19-2018
Scientists have discovered the well-preserved remains of a jeuvenile snake dating back 99 million years.
Telescope receives upgrade, exceeds Hubble
7-18-2018
Adaptive optics technology has now made it possible for ground telescopes to take extremely sharp images.
Your earliest memory may be fake, study claims
7-18-2018
Scientists maintain that our earliest memories could not have happened the way we remember them.
New geological era named the Meghalayan Age
7-18-2018
Scientists have announced that the last 4,200 years of Earth's history have been given an official name.
Why do bandaids glow ?
Posted 7-19-2018 | 0 comments
Dianna Cowern investigates why some bandaids produce a blue glow when they are opened.

Spinning a record to pieces
Posted 7-15-2018 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt another intriguing slow motion experiment with old vinyl records.

Pearlfish's gross hiding spot
Posted 7-8-2018 | 1 comment
A pearlfish finds a particularly unappealing place to hide on the ocean floor.

What jobs will flourish in the future ?
Posted 7-5-2018 | 2 comments
Theoretical physicist Michio Kaku predicts which jobs will be important in the future.

Skunked
Posted 7-1-2018 | 0 comments
Coyote Peterson meets a rather adorable skunk - but can he avoid getting sprayed ?

Huge black triangle UFO
6-13-2018 | Mt Maunganui New Zealand

Ghastly intuition
6-13-2018 | Bay Area CA

A haunted... desk?
6-13-2018 | Peoria, Illinois

Mystery bristle brush
5-9-2018 | Whittier, U.S.A.

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA